Chapter-26

Marc 

It's Wednesday and she's leaving tonight. I haven't slept the whole night, thinking how I would survive without seeing her for the whole week. God... I've planned on doing certain tasks, but I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on anything when she's not around. I'm used to seeing her... everyday. I don't think I'll be able to manage even two days without seeing her face, forget one week. I cover my face with my hand, what has happened to me! 

 There's a knock at my office door and Ashley comes in, "Sir, you have your next meeting at one thirty." 

"Are there any other meetings, today?" 

"Yes, sir, at three forty-five." 

"Okay. Thanks, Ashley." 

"Have a good day, sir." She smiles professionally and exits my office. I finally leave my office at six after attending one and a half hour meeting. But the meeting was quite interesting and thankfully, I was not at all bored. We drive towards the university campus, I have to drive her to the airport. When we reach, I see Naomi and her roommates waiting outside the dorm building. Her big suitcase makes me nervous... for how many days is she going? She hasn't even booked the return tickets which means there's no certainty of when she'll return. God... 

 I hug her, my face showing no trace of smile at all. I'm very, very upset, I never expected myself to be this much miserable of her going away from me. She hugs her roommates and we settle into the car, silence spreads between us. 

"Are you mad at me?" She finally asks breaking the deadly silence.

"I can never be mad at you." Not you, baby... maybe... myself. 

"Then what's the matter?"

"When will you be back?"

She sighs, "Soon."

"I want to know the date, Naomi."

"Even I don't know yet, Marc. But I promise, it won't be longer than two weeks."

"Two weeks? We agreed on one."

"I might be back sooner, but two weeks is the maximum time."

"I can't say anything, now." I say in a tone of disagreement. 

"No... say something... please." She says clutching my hand in hers. 

"Just..." I finally speak after sometime, "please come back soon." I look into her eyes. We pull in front of the airport. 

Naomi 

"I will." I whisper as I hug him standing in front of the entry gate. He kissing the crown of my head and I look into his eyes, I realise how upset he is... his eyes speak for his misery. God... no please... I can't see him like this. "Marc... I'll come back soon, I promise." I notice a bit of relaxation on his face. Thank heavens... 

"I look forward to you returning." He whispers. 

"Guess... I'll go now." 

"Text me when you reach."  

"Sure." I smile.

"Go into the business class queue, not the economy one." He instructs. Oh yeah... he got my tickets upgraded to business class, despite my denial.

I roll my eyes, "I remember."

"I want you to be comfortable."

"Air travel is already something quite lavish, economy was okay for me."

"Economy is not at all comfortable, Naomi. I don't remember when I last travelled even in business class of a commercial flight, forget economy."

"That's for you."

"Okay... let's not argue, you'll travel either in business class or my private jet from now." He orders. I sigh. Not happening... I'm not going to obey all your orders. I want to argue further on not spending too much money on me, but I decide not to say anything today. I hug him and kiss his cheek. In return, he smiles and kisses my knuckles. I look at James who standing behind us, but leaving considerable distance. 

"Goodbye, Mr. James." I say and wave at him, in return he smiles professionally. I return my glance at Marc, "Take care."

"Thanks, I really need it, especially when you're not around."

"I'll go now." I smile before turning around and starting to walk. I look at him once again before entering the gates. 

After about an hour, I sit in the plane and receive celebrity-like treatment, given the business class. Actually I'm not the celebrity, Marc is... and because of him, I'm also being treated like one. I look around and admire the interior of the part of aircraft where I'm sitting. Even the air hostesses are exceptionally pretty in business class. They talk extra sweetly. There's a ping on my phone and the message is from Marc, "Hope you've boarded the flight." 

"Yep, now I'll switch off my phone, the flight is about to take off." I quickly reply back. 

"Take care." He texts and I send a smiley in return before turning off my phone. I relax myself in the ultra luxurious seat that I've been offered. 

"Would you like something to eat or drink, ma'am?" The flight attendant asks me after a while. 

"No, thank you." I say and she smiles before walking to the next passenger. My business class ticket offered me a good meal and almost anything to drink that I want, but still I didn't feel hungry enough. I open my laptop and glance at my roleplaying server, I want to text Marc... badly. But... I cannot, unfortunately. 

After about a forty five minutes of watching movies, I finally ask for a cup of warm milk and then sleep peacefully in the comfort of business class. I wake up to realise that the flight is about to land. 

"Ma'am, you still have sometime to use the restroom before the flight lands." The flight attendant informs me.

"Okay." I smile. and stand up to go towards the restroom. 

After the flight lands, and I take my luggage, thankfully much faster than the economy class, I text Marc, "I've reached safely, here in Boston. My journey was extremely smooth, thanks to the business class. Don't miss me too much, I'll come back soon, I'll call you in sometime. Thank you and Love you!" 

I smile as I see my dad standing outside waiting for me. I grin as he looks at me and I hug him tightly. "Dad... I missed you!" 

He hugs me back, "I missed you too, dear."