Chapter- 40

Marc 

"My mom... she's pretty excited. Actually, everyone in my family is. I haven't been in a relation after... you know... Felicia." I swallow and then quickly continue, "So, umm... she's especially looking forward to meet you." I tell her and she nods. 

"They... know about me?" She asks.

"Of course." I say and the waiter returns with our food. 

"You've told them... about me?" She asks as soon as he leaves.

"Yes." I say as we commence eating after I fill both the plates. She just holds the spoon and ponder over my words, instead of eating. 

"Do they... know everything about me?" She asks. What does that mean?

"Umm?" I ask her. 

"Do they know that I'm a... commoner?" She asks and my eyes shoot up to meet hers. Oh, sweetheart...

"Why are you not eating?" I choose to ignore her question, for now. 

"I... I am." She quickly grabs a spoonful of food and stuffs her mouth. "You didn't answer my question."

"Do you think I'm the king of United States?" I ask humorously.

"No, you're the king of my heart." She says unknowingly, having her attention towards her food. But her cheeks visibly turns crimson at the realisation of what she had just said. I smile. Aww... she's so cute! 

"I'm glad to hear that." I say grinning. "So, even I'm not the king a country." I say as a matter of fact. 

"But... you're not a commoner either, Marc."

"Yeah. You don't have to worry about anything. We don't belong to a royal family." I choose to ignore her smart comments. "So, we're going on Saturday, then?" When the other party argues about the terms, I choose to jump to the conclusion. 

"Umm... okay." She says unsure. But... I can't force her. She's not a business deal, after all. She's the most essential person in my life. 

"Is there any problem, Naomi?"

"No, not a problem. I'm just a bit nervous." She says fidgeting with her fingers. "Can you... maybe, tell something about your family? In that way... I think, I'll be a little more... ready." She sighs, as if meeting my family seems some sort of a conquest to her. Calm down, baby. 

"Of course." I smile, reassuring her. "So, there are six members apart from me in my family. My mom-dad, my brother, his wife and two younger sisters." 

"Three siblings? Cool." 

"I'm the elder one. Followed by my brother, who's two years younger than me. My first sister, who's five years younger than me and then my second sister, who's seven years younger than me." I say and look around. "Bill, please." I say as soon as I spot the waiter and he nods. 

"How does it feel to have siblings?" She asks and I turn my attention back. "I don't have one." 

"They're annoying" I say laughing. "But sometimes, they make a good company." I say paying the bill. "Good for sharing secrets. Sometimes, when they're cooperative." I say and look at her. She's listening, as usual, intently. She's a very good listener. Everything about her is just so good, just perfect

"So, you share your secrets with them?" 

"I'm not a very secret-sharing type of a person. But yes, I'm strongly attached to my first sister, out of all three. I used to take care of her, a lot, when we were both kids. I also used to save her from my brother, when they fought." She giggles hearing my stories. Her giggle is so adorable. "We both are attached and my brother is attached to my last sister. It's like our parents have given us a 'sibling match'." I say humorously and she smiles again. God... I love her. We both get up and go towards the car.