Chapter-38

Marc 

I look at Naomi, who has been intently listening me. She has her gaze fixed upon me. "Are you hungry?" I ask.

"No, not at all. " She smiles, that does not reach her eyes. 

"Shall I bring some coffee, then?"

"Yes, that can do."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

"You ended that marriage, then?" She asks abruptly as I stand up from my chair. I nod in return. Though... I didn't actually have to. 

"I'll be right back." I say and leave without looking back at her. 

Naomi

I sit back on the lounge chair and see the swimming pool. Marc's past has stirred me. How can someone handle to be cheated by the person they trusted the most... loved the most? He must be still in touch with her. She asked her to not break contact. Anyways, no one can forget someone who had such a profound place in their heart. 

But... she hurt him, probably he doesn't see her. He never replied to her plea of not breaking contact. Maybe... Should I ask him? Would that be appropriate? I think, I should. I want to clear my doubts. In any case, she must me married, by now... to the one she left him for. Maybe, she even has a child. But... is this the right time to ask him?  

"What are you thinking?" He emerges from the side of the pool, startling me. 

I look at the ground. I have to clear my doubts, today or tomorrow. I sight, "Do you... still see her?" words slip out of my mouth. He freezes as my voice enters his ears. Shit. It was a bad question. And... bad timing. My unconsciousness scowls at me. He takes a deep breath and sits down on his chair. 

"I... no." He whispers. And for some reason, a grin surrounds my inner goddess' face. My face too, evidently relaxes, a bit. Not that it matters, but... I feel better. Though, that ease is short lived... until more words come out of his mouth. "Felicia... she's no more." Blood drains off my body.

"What?" I exclaim. 

"Yes, Felicia is dead." Holy crap! What...? How? When?... Where? Holy Shit!

"What... happened to her?" My eyes widen. He sits back in his chair and hands me my coffee.

"She died in a car crash with her boyfriend."

"What?" Oh My God! Goosebumps errupt on my whole body.

"Yes. The next day... she eloped with her boyfriend and they both, died." He says looking at the ground.

"Oh God..." I swallow and hold my head in my hands. "She told you before leaving?"

"No, she just left a letter for me."

***

Dear Marc

Last night after you left, I thought about everything and... I realised that even if I try to convince him again, my dad will never agree for this marriage. He might even start finding another man for me.

So, I decided to elope with him. We'll go somewhere far and live a happy and carefree life.

Thank you so much for everything, Marc. Telling you was a huge relief from a gigantic burden. You really proved your love for me, I'm sorry I couldn't give you back whatever you gave me. But... mark my words, you will find the love of your life and... someday, I'll love to meet her, if you both will feel that I deserve that.

I'll send you my address once I'm settled somewhere. Please stay in touch. I need one last favour from you, please... don't tell about this letter to my family.

Thanks again, I'll never forget what you did for me and always hope that you find happiness.

Felicia

***

"I requested her family to bury both of them together. All I wanted was for them to stay happy and... together. All I ever wished for was... her happiness and... well being."

"I still can't believe this." I whisper.

"Even I couldn't... for many months. But... how long can someone run from reality?" He says with a fake smile. I look at the ground and tears start rolling down my eyes. "So... this is my story." He takes a deep breath and looks at me. I notice his eyes welling up. "Will you be able to accept me with this past of mine?" I get up from my chair and hug him. 

"First love... it shows us dreams and... last love... fulfilled them. Last love will always be the same, true, real and meaningful. No matter, if time changes you, or if you change time." I whisper as I hold him, in my arms, so close. "I'm too late to be your first love, but I'm planning to be your last." I feel his arms on my back as he hugs me back. "But..." I step back to look him into his eyes, "after getting so much hurt, how come you were able to fall in love, again?" I ask him.

"After... my break up with Felicia, I vowed to never fall in love, again." He sighs. "But... when my eyes laid on you, my heart whispered, 'One-more time'." He smiles and kisses me. He picks me up in his arms, my legs curl around his waist. He takes me to the bedroom. He never parts his lips from mine. And as soon as we enter our master bedroom, which has now been cleaned, he makes me lie on our freshly made bed. "I don't like the bed, this neat." He whispers, "Let's ruin it, again." I chuckle at his words before he closes my mouth, with his.  

Oh, my...