Chapter-39

Naomi

The following week, me Jess and Elle shift to our new place. The apartment is amazing. Two bedrooms, a kitchen and a beautiful living room. The furniture is really good. Elle's dad is so considerate, he made sure we had all the basic and needful amenities in the apartment. John moves in with her boyfriend. We visited her and I imagined the day I'll move in with Marc- when we'll get married. After that weekend, all the beautiful things suddenly begins to appear more... real and... possible. We celebrate our new house and Marc joins us too, along with John and her boyfriend. 

"Let's have lunch tomorrow." Marc says before leaving my house. 

"Sure." I say smiling. 

"Bring your clothes, too. You'll spend the night at my place."

I blush scarlet, "Okay." I say. I've started to spend weekends at his place, pretty often. I love those nights. His arms and... his embrace. I smile at the thought. I've begun a new internship with Jess. She's a permanent employee, there. But I'm on contractual basis, for a month. I'm still considering Marc's offer of joining him as his new secretary. I would get to stay near him, all the time, even at work. If I agree. But I still feel that I need to work without his influence or power, get a job, on my own. I'm quite confused. 

I open my wardrobe, in an attempt to find a dress for my date with Marc. I settle on a plaid short dress, with red collar. I find it cute. While I comb my hair, I notice a red lipstick lying on the shelf near the mirror. It's probably Jess'. I pick it up, open the lid and smudge a little on the back of my hand. It's nice. Will match my outfit, too. "Jess, can I borrow your lipstick?" 

"Lipstick?" She asks from the bathroom.

"Yeah. The red one."

"Yes, sure." She says. "You don't need to ask from the next time." I smile. 

I gently rub the beautiful red on my lips, it looks so good. I tap my finger to give it a more natural tone. I press my lips together, so the colour evenly distributes. I think he's gonna like my new lips. I hope, he does. I choose for the red flats, they're my favourite and very comfy. I'm still not very good with heels. But I have to learn now, I'll have wear them all the time if I choose to join Marc's company. 

After about ten minutes, the door bell rings and open the door to spot Marc. He looks at me and I notice his eyes widen, slightly. Before he pulls me in a passionate embrace and kisses me. "I like this." He whispers looking at my lips. "Red colour suits you, my rose." I cheeks turn the same colour as my lips. "I hope you have this lip colour along, I'm going to ruin it, pretty often, today." But it's Jess'. I still smile. 

"I'll be right back." I turn around to go towards my room, so that I can bring the lipstick. Only to spot Jess, standing with the stick in her hand. 

She extends her hand towards me, "Here. Take it." She says smiling. Was she here the entire time? The thought makes my cheeks heat up. I smile back and gently take the lipstick from her. She nods at Marc, "Hello, Mr. Raymond." she says.

Marc smiles professionally, "Hello, Jessica."  

I hold his hand as we head towards his car and sit inside it. "Good afternoon, Mr. James." I say smiling. 

"Good afternoon, Ms. Craft." He says professionally. My thoughts drift back to Marc's past. Every time I see Jame, I think about whether he knows everything about Felicia. He probably does, since he was with Marc, the entire time. Is that the reason why he's so close to Marc. Or... seems like they're really close, more like... friends. 

Later, as we sit in for lunch, I unable to hold my curiosity any longer, decide to ask him. "Marc?"

"Umm?"