|Chapter Twenty-Two|

Copyright ©2022_Over Him ✔ written by OluchiHelen
>>>>>
Warning⚠ This chapter may contain triggering content on suicide. Readers discretion is advised!!

•Cherry's pov•

I always considered it strange how life was able to wrap up all kinds of present, both the good and the bad into just one picture and right now that was the kind of gift I'd been given.

Fifty two hours later and the cops had finally called in with some news, right after I'd gotten off the phone with Evelyn. Thrilled by the news of my fathers recovery, I was still celebrating when the cops called in to drop another bomb.

They'd found Amanda. Or at least her body.

After the short lasting call with them, they'd sent me a picture of her body which was bloated and decaying. I didn't know if I was to cry or not. I was in shock. Amanda hadn't come off with anything to show that she was planning on taking her own life. I thought she was going to clear her head when she left but she had other plans in mind.

According to the cops, they'd found her body in one of the abandoned building projects on campus. Usually the project wasn't supposed to take this long but due to certain reasons which hadn't been disclosed by the student body, the project was taking longer than expected to complete and it had later been placed on pause.

It was no wonder why no one had found her on time. If the workers were still there, they would have discovered her body on time or even stumbled upon her while she was attempting to take her own life.

From what I had also been informed, Amanda had found a nail gun fully loaded and had used it on the side of her head and then on her stomach, killing her unborn baby first and then herself. After they'd stumbled on her body, they'd taken it down for autopsy first.

The tragic news had left me shaken. I couldn't believe it but the pictures spoke words. The pictures would haunt me forever. I knew that.

After a couple of minutes, I begun to feel sick, the urge to sleep growing steadily. Eventually after taking some painkillers for the parade going on in my head, I'd taken a restless afternoon sleep, putting off classes for the day. There was just too much going on today to be bothered about what any professor would be rambling on about.

Around four that afternoon, when I was sure that most classes for the day would be over, I'd mustered up some energy, rolled out of bed, and moved to take a hot bath, one which would revive my senses.

Kisha, who happened to be my only Christian friend in college had just stepped into the room right after I'd slipped on a shirt and tugged on a pair of pants.

"I'm making some Chinese noodles today. Would you like some for dinner?" she asks, tossing her bag on the couch.

"Of course! Like I'd ever want to miss out on your masterpiece.I enjoyed the last one you cooked, I hope this one will be better," I tease running a brush through my hair.

"It will. I just got some prawns and other ingredients from the new Chinese market downtown. They have everything." She dangles a white plastic bag containing some things. "You heading out?"

"Yeah. I've gotta go see my dad. My mum told me he's finally awake again and I've also got bad news to deliver I guess," I reply, plopping down on my bed to wear my shoes.