|Chapter Thirty-Five|

•April's pov•

I stared between the hideous sun dress in Cherry's hand and Cherry who was staring back at me with so much expectancy.

"It's pretty isn't it?" I frown again, taking the summer dress from her and hanging it back up with the other clothes. "Aw c'mon, that was actually nice!"

"Fine, why don't you try it on and see how it looks like on you," I suggest, picking out the dress again and passing it to her. She takes it and strolls into the dressing room just a few feet away from where we were standing.

The flea market was quite busy as expected. Summer had finally come and there were more people about, each person trying to soak in as much of the sun rays as possible. On the other hand, I wasn't even planning on getting any darker than what I already was.

Tugging at the sunhat I had on, I deliberate on putting on my sunshades and just when I'm about to reach into my purse for it, the curtains are drawn back and Cherry appears, a frown on her face.

Stifling a laugh, I look away but it doesn't last long before laughter explodes from my mouth and she tosses an empty bottle of water in my direction.

"Shut up!"

"Oh no, I thought you liked it. It screams summer doesn't it?" She pulls a face and turns around before drawing the curtain after her.

When she returns, I'm holding up a nice blue hawaiian shirt for sale. "That's pretty, how much is it?" She asks. Seeing no price tag on it, I take it to the person who owned the booth I was in.

"That's nine dollars."

Before I can respond, Cherry grabs the shirt from my hand and hands it to the man. "I'll take it."

Typical.

It had been so long since Cherry and I had gone shopping, that I completely forgot how much of a shopper she was.

Grabbing another one in pink, I hand it over to the man and pay in cash.

Today Christine had brought up the idea of going out to the beach. A friend of hers had set up a booth on the sandy shore and all three ladies, Christine, Evelyn and the woman were gathered under her tent chatting and laughing.

I smiled at the sight. It was moments like this that I missed.

"Wanna get something to drink? My treat." I nod and follow her to a smoothie bar not too far away.

"Two coconut shakes please." Minutes later after we'd settled down on one of the numerous plastic chairs set up in front of the bar, we sip our drinks silently.

I take off my sun hat and place it on the plastic table between us. The beach was alive wit. At a section of the beach, a group of teenagers were playing a game of volleyball.

I watched as the ball bounced across the net, back and forth. Colourful mats lay about across the sandy beach and both men and women lay on them, some talking amongst themselves while others sunbathed.

My attention drifts to a young couple who seemed to be heading our way. The woman who is dressed in a yellow sundress is gripping onto her son's hand who doesn't look like he's above the age of five and she's also sporting a baby bump, a pretty visible one.