|Chapter Forty-One|

"These are amazing. Where did you learn to cook this?" I sink my teeth into the piece of chicken I'd cut out for myself, savoring the taste of it.

"I learnt it on one of my recent trips to see a friend in Nigeria. She thought me how to make a few dishes and since then I've been practicing. They're simply amazing. Even Milo loves my cooking now," she beams glancing at Milo who's stuffing his face with the bits of chicken Martin had cut out for him.

"You want one?" Milo asks, holding up a piece of chicken between his greasy fingers and I force the laughter that's trying to force its way up my throat, down and swallow, along with the food.

"I'm good Milo. Thank you so much. I've got quite a lot on my plate too," I reply, flashing him a warm smile.

Mirroring my smile, he eats the piece of chicken and soon enough, is lost in the world of flavor.

Dinner with Martin and his family was just splendid. Chantel hadn't aged one bit, she still looked like a million bucks and little Milo had grown. I'd seen only his pictures but never him in person. He was a nice kid.

"So how's New York been? It must have been a lot to fly home to see your dad, right?"

"No. Actually I live in Wisconsin now. The company I work for just opened up a branch a couple miles from Verona and I got drafted," I reply beaming proudly.

"That's amazing news. Maybe one day I'll stop by to see your parents and your dad especially. I haven't had the time to come down there in a while. I hope Evelyn still remembers how I look like," she jokes and I chuckle.

The rest of dinner goes very well. The conversation is light, warm and friendly. By the time we were done with dinner, Chantel had given me a run down on how to prepare jollof rice. I couldn't remember it all but either way I could always ask her again.

In total, I'd spent two hours over at their place. Milo had taken me upstairs to see his collection of toys which by the way were very impressive and then I'd spent a couple more minutes rounding up on the conversation I was having with Martin concerning the menu.

"Thank you so much for the lovely evening. I'm happy I stopped by." I exchange hugs with them all and a press a kiss to Milo's cheek.

"Thanks for coming. Hope to see you soon. Drive safe," Chantel says as I slip into my car.

"I will. See you guys later. Goodnight."

Home was just twenty minutes away, which was convinent and since it was already night time, there wouldn't be traffic.

•••

"Hey princess. How was dinner?" Colt asks glancing up from his laptop hoisted onto his lap, a smile on his face.

"It was amazing. Martins wife, Chantel, made this really nice food for dinner called jollof rice plus I finally met Milo. He's the cutest bundle of joy I've ever seen and he's so nice," I reply, taking off my jacket.

"Oh really, nicer than me?"

I roll my eyes playfully and lean in for a quick kiss. "You'll always be the best baby."

"Guess what?" Colt asks and I arch a brow regarding him with amusement.

"Let me guess, another date night?"

He places a hand over his chest feigning hurt. "Those take a lot of effort to plan princess." Stifling a laugh, I plop down next to him, kicking off my shoes.

Grabbing my face, he presses his lips against mine. It's not fast, it's not slow, just right. When we both pull away, I'm grinning like an idiot whereas he's staring at me like he's just seeing me for the first time.

"What was that for?"

"Babe, I got the job." It takes a few seconds for his response to register in my head and for a couple of seconds I'm just staring at him.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you," I squeal, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"And guess who it was."

I pinch my brows together. I've never really been good at guessing.

"Mr.Donald called me back. He said he lost my contact information and has been trying to locate me for over a month now," he replies and fresh tears sting at my eyes.

"I told you God answers prayers," I reply, squeezing him in my arms and pressing a kiss to the side of his neck.

"Yeap and on unrelated notes, I've been thinking and after much deliberation and prayer, I came to a conclusion" he says and I  smile warmly at him, still confused.

"What conclusion?"

Silently, I watch as he slides onto one knee and it's almost like my breath ceases. Clasping both hands over my mouth, I try to focus on him through my teary vision but soon I'm sobbing, tears streaming down my face.

"I haven't even said anything," he says, brushing the pad of his thumb over the streams of tears that had spilled on my cheeks.

"I really love you so much and I can't wait anymore for you to be April Rivers. You've always been in my heart, in my mind and you've somehow been able to claim a part of my soul. A part that I'm willing to give to you wholeheartedly.

This may sound cliche but I want you to be next to me for the rest of life and not as a friend but as a soulmate, a lover, my wife and my best friend.

April Anne Hart, will you do me the honors of being my wife?"

I can't say anything through all the shaking and crying so the only thing I do is nod and press my lips against his.

He pulls away almost abruptly. "Wait, you are over Tristan completely, right?"

"Yeah I'm Over Him."

~~~~
Tadaaa!! What do you guys think!! Over Him is finally over and I'm feeling something I've never felt before. This is the first book I've ever been able to complete here on Wattpad and I don't even know how I feel anymore.

I'm on cloud nine right now you guys. Lmao. I love this chapter so much. It's so cute and to some of you the timing may not have been perfect but I think it's just right.

What do you guys think?

By the way, please tap on the little starrr.

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE COMING UP IN AFTER THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! YOU REALLY DON'T WANT TO MISS IT.