|Chapter Twenty-Five| •

Copyright ©2022_Over Him ✔ written by OluchiHelen.
>>>>>

•April's pov•

Work.Work.Work.

The amount of work that would be done in the coming days was already beginning to eat into me. My stress levels were high and the early morning news I usually tuned into wasn't helping.

Usually the news analyst would be discussing about the latest political and economical development but somewhere in the middle of it all, they'd been cut off to deliver breaking news and it was simple but horrifying.

An 8.2 magnitude earthquake would rock through the city in the coming week. Just when you think your life couldn't get any more interesting. A warning had been issued to the mass informing them all to evacuate the city while they could before it happened and knowing the mentality of some people, I knew majority who were tied down here for some reason would still stay back irrespective of the warning.

People like Patricia.

After numerous attempts to trying to get her into coming to Wisconsin with us, she made it crystal clear that she was going to stay back here in Brooklyn, whether she'd have to live on the streets or stay in my apartment.

Of course I wasn't going to let her stay on the streets because I was leaving, so I did the one thing I never thought I'd do. I'd sold the house to her but in this case there was no need for her to pay, since I knew she wasn't capable of paying even a months rent.

Luckily, I had no landlord since I was the sole owner of the house, so it was to her benefit. As for Colt and I, we would be moving permanently to Wisconsin. Why?

A couple days ago, nearly a week, Dr.Whites had called up a meeting, one that involved all the new faces of the company and I was one of them. Our samples had all been manufactured in large quantities, repackaged properly to the company's taste and shipped out to stores all over the state.

With the company's name becoming a bigger brand, the management had built its first branch in Wisconsin, in a bigger part of the state which was just a two hour drive away from Verona. Somewhere along the line, Colt had informed me that he wasn't staying in Brooklyn because he'd moved here but it was because he'd lost his job.

It was one news I wasn't expecting to hear.

Colt was a hardworking guy, so I believed, and I couldn't make any understanding as to why he'd been sacked. Apparently, after further explaining, I'd come to understand that the company he used to work for had cut off a lot of workers, leaving just a few which the management had termed as the best of the best and his being here in Brooklyn was to try and sort things out with the management but all his attempts had backfired.

With faith, I had assured him strongly that God would provide another job for him, one which would be far better than his last one.

With a new week ahead of us, Colt and I had gathered our things together in preparation for our departure. Patricia was now the sole owner of my apartment and now had a place of her own. As for food and money, she was going to be responsible for herself. At this point, we were getting ready to say our goodbyes.

That night, before we'd have to leave, I'd just gotten out my last basket of clean laundry fresh from the dryer and had settled down on my bed to fold them. Once I was done with that, I would take a shower since I'd been to busy to do anything before going to have dinner.