|Chapter Twenty-Eight|

Copyright©2022_Over Him ✔ written by OluchiHelen.
>>>

•Colt's pov•

The tiled floor gleamed clearly under the rays of the fluorescent bulb. Metal chairs with fine cushioning lined the small room as I waited, along with several other people, to be called in for my interview.

Was I nervous? Maybe a little bit.

Just two days ago, after Evelyn and Cherry had showed up at the house to see how their daughter and sister were doing, I'd been flipping through a newspaper and found an ad set up by a company. They were looking to hire a new set of workers.

What happened to the other workers, I didn't know, neither did I care. All I was thinking about was the company and the vacant post. Working for a huge insurance company that dealt with cars and expensive properties, would be a dream come true.

The company I'd formerly been working for back in Manhattan were good but compared to Insurance Corp, they hadn't even started.

Insurance Corp was one of the most popular and most reliable insurance company in the states. They handled properties all over the states, mostly HollyWood and sometimes even for the government. I wasn't going to be surprised if the interview was going to be difficult. At least my resume would speak on my behalf just in case I'd fallen short in any of their criteria.

A small white door a couple seats from me swings open, grabbing everyone's attention and a short white lady, dressed in a black power suit walks in, a stoic expression on her face. She presses the rim of her glasses further up the bridge of her nose and scans the small room. Making eye contact with me, she glances down at the notepad in her hand.

"Mr.Rivers, please come in. Your interview starts right now." I grab my briefcase and head inside the next room, brushing past the woman who follows silently behind me, not even the soft padding of her shoes can be heard.

Seated across the spacious and well furnished office, was a man, dressed in what I believed looked like an Armani suit. On his table was a name tag which read: Mr.Donald. The name sounded a bit cheerful and calm but the man who's eyes were now pinned on me, didn't look anything like his name.

Usually people who bore the name Donald were always calm and cheerful people. Basically, your typical man, with dusty brown hair, a rotund head, a bright faced smile, white skinned and a protruding belly but this man was different. He looked like he'd be tall, maybe even a little bit taller than me. I hoped not.

He also looked fit and well taken care of. His hair trimmed perfectly, a few streaks of white hair lining a section of his hair. His jaw shaved clean of any stubble and his piercing green eyes looked a bit unusual.

He was goodlooking and intimidating, I had to give him that.

"I'll inform you when I'm done. Tell Rochelle to please pack her things today or else I'll have the police escort her out" he says in the most monotone voice I'd ever heard. The woman nods and leaves the room silently.

Returning my expression to the man, I hold a confident demeanour. I wasn't going to let a mere human stuffed in an expensive suit to intimidate me. The only difference between us? He was in a higher class and I was in the average class. Aside from that we were both humans. Nothing special.