i

England 1942

The four Pevensies were sat in a small park around the corner from their aunt and uncle's house.

"How is it living with Aunt Alberta and Uncle Harold?" Susan asked the younger two, who were sitting on the picnic blanket with her.

Susan and Peter had come back from America to visit Lucy and Edmund after receiving a lot of letters about how much they hated it living in Cambridge with their Aunt and Uncle. Feeling slightly guilty for leaving them, the older Pevensies organised a trip back to England for a fortnight so they could catch up with their siblings.

Lucy and Edmund shared a look. "Its horrible, why did you two have to move to America anyway?" The latter shot back, still furious at the situation.

Peter glared at his younger brother "just answer the question and stop being so difficult."

"It's not unbearable, I just miss Narnia." Lucy replied.

"It is unbearable." Edmund corrected "Especially having to share a room with Eustace Clarence Scrubb, he's a pain in the arse." He rolled his eyes at his cousin's name. "And we all want to go back to Narnia, Lu."

"We'll go back one day," Susan began. "But we don't only have lives in Narnia."

Edmund rolled his eyes once again. "No, we don't. But our lives in Narnia are far more exciting." He suddenly looked toward Susan, a smug expression on his face. "I'm surprised you're not more upset about the whole situation."

Susan looked at him questioningly.

"I mean about having to leave your precious Caspian." Edmund and Peter exchanged a look and burst out laughing, having to clutch their stomachs when she blushed.

"I don't like him like that." Susan lied; the scarlet still prominent on her cheeks.

Edmund raised his eyebrows in disbelief. "You snogged him in front of the whole of Narnia, of course you like him."

The boys sniggered at the embarrassed look on her face while Lucy attempted to hide her smile.

"Hilarious," Susan said as she shoved Edmund. "Plus, it did not happen like that." Edmund and Peter nodded in mock agreement. "It was a goodbye kiss," she said suddenly looking quite upset. "I doubt I'll see him again anyway; it's already been a year."

Peter patted her arm awkwardly when he realised how troubled she really was about the whole situation.

Edmund looked uncomfortable about the situation that he got them into while Lucy glared at him. He took to examining the surroundings, refusing to make eye contact with any of his siblings.

The morning transitioned into afternoon quicker than any expected. The sun was at its peak when Lucy told the group that she and Edmund had to leave.

She stood, smoothing her dress. "I told Uncle Harold we'd get some groceries while we're out."

"I can't believe he's getting you to do that." Susan said, the disgust now showing on her face.

"Exactly. Why do we have to do it." Edmund agreed with a tone of indignance, refusing to stand.

Lucy ignored his complaints as she pulled him up and dragged him off to the store nearby. Lucy waved at the older two as they rounded the corner and disappeared out of sight.