viii

Narnia 2307

Another week had passed, and the crew were getting more restless with every passing day.

As if the ocean could sense their annoyance, she decided to send them a break from the storm, in the form of an island.

They had decided to take the longboats to scour the island for rations and for the remaining lords and their swords, while leaving the boat anchored some ways from shore.

"I doubt the lords stopped here, my liege," Repicheep voiced from his position at the front of the longboat. "There's no sign of anything living."

"Right," Caspian called from the boat parallel, which was filled with the Pevensies, Caspian and, to everyone's annoyance, Eustace. "Well once we get ashore, take your men and search for water. The five of us will look for clues."

"Hang on," Eustace interrupted from the end of the boat. "You mean the six of us?"

They all, simultaneously, turned to him. "Come on, please don't send me back to the rat." He said, gesturing to Repicheep.

"I heard that," the mouse responded.

Eustace turned his face away and muttered "big ears."

"I heard that too."

They laughed and Caspian turned to Susan, shooting her a smile.

Eustace glared at all of them before looking down at his lap and letting out an indignant sigh.

They reached shore after about half an hour and pulled the boats onto the gravel. The crew began searching for anything they may find of use, while the five left to look for clues, purposely leaving Eustace with Repicheep.

"I think we should split up, that way we can cover more ground." Peter offered. The others nodded in agreement before deciding that Caspian, Edmund, and Susan should take the East of the Island, while Peter and Lucy took the West.

"Ugh," Edmund groaned after the groups were decided. "Why do I have to be stuck with these two love birds?"

Caspian laughed and kissed Susan on the temple, causing Edmund to pull a face of mock disgust and pretend to be sick.

The groups split and the trio began to climb over rubble and dodge hot springs. "Look," Caspian cried, seeming relieved to have finally found something. "We're not the first ones on this island."

He gestured to a hole in the ground, which look like it led to a cavern of some sort, with a rope attached to a nearby rock.

"The lords?" Edmund asked.

"Could be?" replied Caspian, putting his arm in front of Susan to stop her getting too close. Instead, she picked up a small stone and tossed it down the hole, and they all listened to the sound of the rock hitting the walls fade into nothing.

They, after some consideration, decided to climb down. Edmund gladly volunteered to go first, saying "as long as it means I don't have to watch you make love eyes at my sister" to Caspian.

They did, in fact, end up in a cavern that held a wide lake in the centre. Edmund stopped infront of it, clearly having noticed the gold statue that was suspended underwater.