v

Narnia 2307

Caspian ran through the corridors, glancing into every cell he passed. He was on the third floor, having already looked in about ninety cells, and he was slowly losing hope.

"Come on Susan, where are you?" he muttered as he began to climb the steps to the fourth floor.

He paused when, out of his peripheral vision, he saw a body in one of the cells he mustn't have checked. He walked down the steps and stepped closer to the cell, peering through the bars. That's when he saw her.

Susan.

His Susan.

Caspian's heartbeat picked up as he noticed her dark hair that suited her ivory skin beautifully. Even after the years he had been without her, he was yet to find someone who matched her beauty. He opened the cell and walked in briskly.

"Susan." Kneeling down beside her unconscious form, he shook her gently but promptly stopped when he realised her blood-stained dress. Caspian leant down, placing his head gently on her chest to ensure she was still breathing and audibly sighed in relief when he heard her heartbeat.

He picked her up bridal style and carried her outside. "I told you I'd wait for you Susan," he whispered.

The fight had ended which Caspian was grateful for. He didn't want to carry her through an active fight while she was unconscious.

"There you are," Lucy spoke when she saw him making his way towards her. "Oh, my goodness, is that . . .?" she trailed off, gasping when she caught sight of her sister's blood-stained dress.

"She'll be alright," he reassured, though it was more for himself than Lucy. "We just need to get back to the Dawn Treader." Looking around, he questioned "is everyone on the ship already?"

Lucy shook her head and gestured behind him where Edmund and Peter were walking towards them. They both paled considerably at the sight of their sister's form in Caspian's arms. "Is she –?" Edmund began.

"She'll be alright," Caspian repeated before the two became too worried.

"Lord Bern said he'd rule the island and protect the people." Peter explained as they got into the longboats. "He gave us this sword." He pulled out a filth and grime covered sword.

"One of the seven?" Caspian questioned and Edmund nodded. Caspian knew he should be more excited about having another one of the swords but all he cared for in that moment was Susan.

Her brothers seemed to sense this as they began to row faster, getting them to the ship in half the time it took the others.

As they got onto deck, most of the crew kept out of their way, only casting them curious looks as Caspian carried Susan to his sleeping quarters. He placed her down gently on his bed and immediately began cleaning her wound.

He felt slightly guilty about undressing her while she was passed out, but he didn't want to leave her there with the possibility of her wound getting infected. He managed to cover up the parts of her body that she wouldn't have wanted him to see had she been awake, and he refused to let his gaze stray from the wound he was cleaning.

After he had finished, he simply sat on the end of the bed. He didn't want to get too close in case she woke up and took it the wrong way. Caspian found himself playing with her necklace that was still around his neck, while his other hand gripped hers as she slept peacefully.

A knock sounded from the other side of the door. "Come in," he spoke quietly, not wanting to wake Susan up.

Drinian walked in, momentarily pausing at the scene and coughing awkwardly. "I apologise for interrupting, your majesty." He averted his gaze, focusing on anything but the pair on the bed.

Caspian's eyebrows furrowed. Interrupted what? he thought. He took in the sight: him and Susan on the bed while she was unconscious. He stood quickly and shook his head, "you didn't interrupt – nothing was –" he tried to explain. He regained his composure before his eyes met Drinian's again. "Do you need something, Captain?"

Drinian shook his head. "We can discuss our future plans when High Queen Susan wakes up. It should be about two weeks before we see land again."

Caspian dismissed him with a nod of his head. "Thank you, Captain." He sighed, glancing at Susan before running a hand through his hair.

* * *

Susan woke up later that day, sitting up in panic. She looked around the room in confusion before panic filled her. Where was she? She tried to get up but stumbled, grasping her side in pain and sat back on the bed, hunching over slightly.

The cabin door swung open, and Caspian walked in. He paused when he saw her sitting up on the bed, looking directly at him.

"Caspian." She whispered breathlessly.

He smiled and closed the door behind him, making his way further into the room. "How are you feeling?"

She looked at him for a moment before answering. "My head and side hurts, is all."

"Do you want me to change the bandage for you?" he gestured to her side.

She nodded and moved back on the bed.

He turned while she pulled her dress off and used it to cover her breasts, using the bed sheet to cover her lower half.

Caspian cleaned her wound again and taught her how to put a new bandage on it. He gave her some of his breeches, long sleeve cotton shirts and shin length boots. He gave her back her bow and arrow, and one of his daggers with a sheath holder.

After an hour, she stood in front of him, pulling on the boots.

"You look beautiful." He spoke causing her to look up at him.

She blushed and shook her head at him. "Only you would call me beautiful while I'm dressed in men's clothes."

He laughed and stepped closer to her. "I'm only telling the truth."

When he was a few inches away from her, he paused before leaning down slowly.

Susan leant up to him, connecting her lips with his. She threaded her fingers through his hair as his arm wrapped her around her waist.

Their lips moved slowly against one another, remaining gentle and soft.

A cough sounded from the doorway, and they pulled apart, looking towards the sound.

Lucy and Peter stood there with smiles on their faces while Edmund looked like he was about to be sick.

"What do you three want?" Susan questioned, crossing her arms with a smile on her face.

"Nice to see you too." Edmund muttered moodily, leaving the room promptly.

"Drinian said we have a meeting." Peter replied, following Edmund.

Caspian went to leave the room as well, smiling when he heard Lucy whisper "you two are so cute" to Susan.

Adorationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें