vi

Narnia 2307

The six – Caspian, Susan, Lucy, Peter, Edmund and Drinian – had decided they would stop at the next island they came across to look for the lords. Which they did two days later.

"It looks uninhabited," Caspian spoke as he viewed the island. "But if the lords followed the mist east, they would've stopped here."

"It could be a trap," Drinian warned.

Peter rolled his eyes at the captain's paranoia. "Or it could hold some answers."

"We'll spend the night on shore, scour the island in the morning." Caspian ordered after a moment of thinking. The men nodded and Drinian ordered the crew to direct them towards the island.

Caspian strolled down onto the deck and watched from afar as Susan and Lucy taught their new recruit, Gael, how to embroider.

A small smile came over his face as he walked over, stopping infront of the girls. "Can I talk to you, Susan?"

"Of course," she passed her half-finished embroidered fabric to Lucy and walked with Caspian to a quieter area of the ship.

"We're planning to stop at the next island," he explained. "Are you going to be alright to come ashore?"

Susan tilted her head, "why wouldn't I be?"

"Is your cut still hurting?" he asked, gesturing to her waist.

She smiled. "Caspian, I told you I'm fine."

He sighed, pulling her in by the waist. "I know but you truly scared me."

She blushed, placing a comforting hand on his cheek, and assuring him a final time. He placed his hand on top of hers and leant his face into her palm.

* * *

"Edmund. Peter. Wake up." Caspian nudged them both with his foot until they stirred awake.

The crew had made their way ashore the night before and had fallen asleep almost instantly after they set up their supplies.

They both stood, drawing their swords when they noticed the inhumanly large footprints in the sand.

"Susan," Caspian whispered as he shook her gently.

"Where's Lucy?" Edmund asked. "Lucy! Lucy!" he yelled.

This seemed to encourage Susan to get up. She looked around at the footprints and Lucy's empty sleeping space before securing her dagger in her sheath, throwing her quiver over her shoulder, and hoisting up her bow.

"Everybody up, get up I said." Drinian hissed at the crew.

"This way," Peter spoke before leading the crew further onto the island.

They walked through some carved bushed, swords held in a defensive manner. "Lucy's dagger," Edmund spoke as he picked up her dagger which was laid discarded on the grass.

Everything happened in a matter of seconds. Spears were thrown into the ground in a circle around the group. The crew were hit, their swords thrown to the ground. The swords, which were seemingly held by invisible creatures, were now pointed towards the group.