vi

Narnia 2325

Lilliandil was true to her word and, the next day, a feast was held. The room was full of Narnians, all celebrating. The group had agreed not to tell any of the Narnians what was happening, not wanting to cause unnecessary consternation for them.

They had also agreed that the Pevensies, Eustace, Polly and Digory would be returning to their world after the feast. However, for now, they had put the end of Narnia out of their mind and were simply enjoying each other's company.

A few hours prior, the Pevensies had ridden out to the Lamppost that they encountered when they first arrived in Narnia. It had taken them a while to get there, since it was in the North-Western part of Narnia, however they allowed silence to overtake them while they experienced the scenery for the final time.

The tears in their eyes had dried up in time for the feast (they thanked Aslan for that).

The feast was simply a joy for everyone, despite the inevitable end that only few were aware of. People had conversed, ate, and allowed themselves to be overcome with laughter. It was truly a beautiful sight. Everybody's inner child made an appearance – especially Lucy and Edmund, who had taken to flinging peas at one another across the banquet table.

An hour and a half later, the tables had been pushed to the edges of the room, which was now full of music. The Narnians were dancing, spinning themselves and each other across the floor: some humming along to the tune of the instruments.

Lucy had pulled her older sister onto the dance floor ten minutes prior, and the two were currently laughing as they danced with one another. Edmund and Peter joined them a while later, despite their clear lack of dance abilities. 

The four siblings spent the next three hours on the dance floor; the full moon rising higher in the sky until it was at its peak. No one paid the white light any attention, not wishing for the party to end.

To their right, Polly and Digory were slow dancing, which looked quite odd because of the fast-paced song. They gripped to one another, looking into the eyes of the other passionately. Polly chuckled warmly as Digory tripped over her foot. Catching himself, the two were brought closer to the other. Susan was attempting to discern what the childhood friends were discussing as they whispered in each other's ears.

Eustace, who was a little way to their left, was dancing with two small Narnian children. Holding one of their hands each, he was dancing wildly, making them laugh heartily.

Despite her want to forget about everything that was going on around them, Susan's eyes couldn't help but stray to Caspian at the other end of the hall. He was dancing with Rilian and Lilliandil, all of them holding a smile on their faces. Rilian was attempting to copy his parents' dancing, failing in the process, though he didn't seem to be affected by this.

Looking around the large room would be overwhelming for anyone due to the multitude of people present. However, the Pevensies wouldn't wish to feel any differently.