Chapter 4

Edited. Enjoy! 😊

IV.

I entered the music room and I was greeted by the sight of instruments lying down on their respective positions.

I sat on the seat and positioned my fingers on the dusty keys of the grand piano. It has not been used for a while now.

I decided to play the musical piece of Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven. I learned that song when I was six and it was by far one of my favorite pieces until now. Whenever there was a party or a celebration, either my parents or one of our close guests would urge me to play the piano, cello or the harp. And I was fine with that. After every performance, the crowd would either overwhelm me with cheers and claps or shower me with compliments that at such a young age, I played like a professional musician. Then my father would say something like, "Well, she is going to be the heiress of the company, so I'd train her under my guidance to become one of the best."

Just as I hit the last note of the piece, someone clapped their hands. It was Yukari. "Such a beautiful melody," she said sorrowfully, wiping the tears away with her fingers.

I chuckled. "Why are you crying, goofball?" I stood up and pulled out a handkerchief. She gratefully accepted it and continued wiping her tears away.

"You were so good, though," she chuckled then sniffed.

But not good enough.

"What are you doing in here, by the way?" I asked her.

"I was looking for you because lunch time is almost over and then I figured you were here." She explained then returned my handkerchief. "Does my eyes look red and puffy?"

I stared into her eyes for a little while. "A little."

"Your fault." She accused with a pout which made me laugh. "Oh, and didn't you know that Akashi-kun was checking you out like three minutes ago?"

"You mean he listened to me play?" I tried to correct her.

"No, he was more than focused on you instead on the music though."

"Didn't anyone ever told you that it's rude to stare?" I sighed. "It's a good thing he didn't take you for a creep, though." I mimicked her voice on the last word.

Yukari giggled. "Well, it was Akashi Seijuro after all." She wiggled her eyebrows. "And he immediately walked away when he seemed to notice me."

I grinned at her. "You're obsessed."

"You bet," She agreed with a smile. "Come on, let's go back to the classroom before we get a detention."

--

After class, Yukari and Eri approached me with excited grins on their faces.

"Yuri, let's go shopping at the mall! I heard there are new arrivals from my favorite store." Eri said excitedly, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"And for girls' time, too!" Yukari added, the excited expression equal to Eri's.

I smiled but then it immediately vanished when I remembered what I really had to do.

"I'd love to guys but I'm sorry I can't go."

"Eh?" They both whined. "Why not?"

"I have to study for the upcoming exams," I explained simply. "And I'm not allowed to go out until the exams end."

"You barely go out," Eri retorted.

"And you can perfect the exams even without studying!" Yukari added.