Chapter 28

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

XXVIII.

Every time he's near, the pattern of my breathing changes. From the sensation and smell, everything changes.

"What are you doing?"

The air becomes sweet yet somehow you can feel a slight chill.

I was sitting crisscross on the floor with balls of yarn scattered around, my palms were getting a bit sweaty from knitting the simple red muffler that will serve as a birthday present for him.

I swallowed and bit my lower lip as I blushed furiously in embarrassment. I didn't answer him and instead, looked down at my handiwork.

I just realized that I'm too ashamed to give this cheap piece of fabric to him.

I heard his footsteps coming my way and I felt him bend down to be at my level, my back facing him. I brought the fabric to my chest to get it away from his line of vision and he chuckled.

"How cute," He mumbled and leaned in closer. I can almost feel his breath on my skin and it sent an involuntary chill on my spine. I closed my eyes and couldn't withstand the sigh that escaped my lips. "Why are you knitting a muffler at a time like this?"

I shook my head and swallowed. "I-I just got bored, A-Akashi-kun..." I stuttered and tried to distract myself. "And I'm supposed to be mad at you."

He snorted. "Sure you are," I moved my head to the side to give him a look but it was the same time that he did the same, our faces were only a few inches away from each other. "Well, I'm sorry then," He whispered to me then my eyes instinctively darted down to glance at his mouth and I immediately regretted my action because his lips curled up into a smile.

He didn't mean it.

I want you to apologize again even if you don't mean it... I'll...

I'll forgive you...

"What?" I asked again.

"I'm sorry that I drugged you." He muttered and I looked away and felt my blush grow deeper. "But I'm not sorry that I brought you with me." He added then stood up and I looked up to see him still smiling. He patted my head like an innocent child.

I pushed his hand away but it came out gently, and I just found myself unable to let go of his hand. His smile stretched at my oblivious action and I just realized how embarrassing it was.

"Not forgiven." I crossed my arms and made an upset expression.

He just chuckled at my action. "I'd stay with you, however, I have some matters to take care of regarding the student council."

I shifted my gaze towards him once again and raised an eyebrow in question. "Good."

"Tsundere," He mumbled under his breath.

"I'm not!" I replied a little too quickly and it seem that it amused him.

He smirked. "Tsunrika," he teased and I thought of a come back.

"Bakashi," I shot back.

He shook his head at me in amusement. "You should know better."

I rolled my eyes. "I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"Overconfidence, Akashi-kun," I smirked and shook my head. "How can you be so sure?"

"Simple, I know everything, my love."

I swallowed and clenched my fists. "Don't love me."