Chapter 24

"Love is a promise; love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear." - John Lennon

XXIV.

I am an only child.

And I was always alone in a cage what I used to call home.

I was always alone.

And I thought that I've had it worse now since I'm home-schooled.

Studying with a teacher that my parents hired all day.

Playing with musical instruments all day, praying that someone would notice the unhappiness I had been letting out through music.

I wasn't even allowed to take a step out of the mansion.

I wasn't even allowed to keep standing.

I've been used to seeing people around me smiling and laughing because of the jokes they found funny and the excitement that their faces couldn't hide when stories and secrets spill out of their lips and they only it share with each other.

And every once in a while, those secrets are going to be the ropes that would bind them together for a lifetime.

I've also wanted to find someone that could make me keep a secret for a lifetime.

A sister...

A friend...

Someone...

Anyone...

"Yurika... Yurika!" the girl, who was currently hugging and squashing me to death, sobbed as tears rolled down her cheeks and some of it dropped on my cheek.

They were calling me by my first name. First name basis... Only those who are allowed to call me by my first name were...

"W-Wait..." I tried pushing them away but they wouldn't budge and that even made them tighten their hug on me. "I... I can't breathe," I complained then glanced at my fiance who was just staring at the three of us on the floor and I gave him a look that says 'Help me.' but still, he didn't move a muscle.

The other girl looked at me then grinned. "We're not even hugging you at max," She giggled then they pulled away.

"You're still as fragile as ever, Yurika." The sobbing girl added but a smile was evident in her voice.

They both stood up and offered a hand. I stared at their smiling faces before slowly reaching up both of my hands to grab theirs. In an instant, they yanked me up to my feet before hugging me again but this time, it wasn't as tight as earlier.

The girl, who wasn't crying, sighed. "Your smell never changed though," She chuckled and my eyes widened in confusion. "You still smell yummy as ever."

Hearing those words made me bite on my lower lip because I remembered someone said those exact words, except that it made me blush furiously though.

"You smell delicious, Yurika,"

"Like strawberries?" The other girl asked.

"Yep, my favorite!"

And yes, I was getting confused and irritated because I kept on listening to them babbling about how my hair and perfume smells like but I need to know who they were.

"I'm sorry but could you please pull away?" I asked politely as possible.

Thankfully, they pulled away with a pout on their faces.