Chapter 11

Chapter dedicated to @Akashicchii. Hi~! Thank you so much for supporting my story! :D XD

XI.

"Why do you always play sad pieces?" A voice suddenly asked that made me stop playing Dream of Flying by Brian Crain.

I turned to look at Yukari and Eri who were giving me identical strange looks. "Oh, you think so?" I smiled then gazed at my hand that was hanging on the piano keys.

"You play dozen of pieces and almost all of them are slow and sad." Eri commented. "Why?"

I closed my eyes and chuckled. I didn't notice that almost all of the pieces I play are sad. Well, not for me. "Not really. They are not sad for me," I explained and grinned. "If anything, these kind of pieces don't seem sad for me at all. When you hear this kind of song, the first thing you'll notice is the sadness lingering. But for me, there are many more emotions." I took a deep breath and let it all out. "These type of pieces are my forte."

"So deep," Yukari remarked slowly. "Seriously, when it comes to music, you go all poetic." She chuckled.

"What other emotions, Yurika?" Eri asked, curiosity clear in her voice.

I sighed and closed my eyes. The image of a redhead comes to mind. "Passion, serenity, happiness... love." I added then positioned my fingers and played At the Ivy Gate.

They just kept silent and closed their eyes to feel the melody. That's right, just get lost to the bliss...

Akashi... what's your definition of sadness?

•••

"Seijuro-kun~!" A girl sang along the hallway. Just the mention of his name made me stop on my tracks. The tone of her voice made me frown.

"Ah, Rima-san," Akashi greeted. "What is it?"

Rima Hayase. Beautiful. Almost all of the guys in our section wants her. But one thing about her though, the beauty on the outside don't sit right with the inside.

I hid against the corner, eavesdropping. I usually don't stick my nose on other people's business but come on, I can't help it. It's Akashi for Christ's sake!

"You know..." Hayase's sweet voice echoed through my ears I swear I felt an imaginary vein spurt out of my temple. "School festival's coming and I was wondering if you are busy."

"I have scheduled meetings in the student council and some errands to run with the class discussion." Akashi informed her. "Why?"

"Oh, really?" Hayase's tone sounded disappointed and I couldn't help the smile that crept to my lips. "I'm just wondering if we could go to the cafe and have a little chat."

Akashi chuckled. "I think that would be unnecessary."

"You've been working really hard. You shouldn't push yourself too much." Hayase continued sweet talking and my smile vanished.

"Thank you for the concern but I know my limits."

My fists curled into a tight ball and my eye twitched... what the hell is happening...

"Eh, Yurika-san!" A voice cried from beside me.

I flinched and quickly turned my gaze at the source of the voice. "Misaki-chan?"

"That's my composed music sheet!" She gestured towards the paper I crumpled and I gasped in shock. When did I ever hold such thing?

"Eh? How long have you been here?"

"Just now. I just want you to check out the song I composed and you crumpled the paper!"

"I'm sorry, Misaki-chan," I gave her an apologetic smile. "I'll check if this could be a suitable song for the school festival."