chapter 5: Taking flight

On the way to the balmera, the team stops to help two rebels on the run from the galra

On the way to the balmera, the team stops to help two rebels on the run from the galra. Lance is trusting, bur hunk and y/n is skeptical of their intentions.
—---------------------------------------------------------
(A/n: I'll make another book, but it's the reader who is shy and has emotions :3)
—---------------------------------------------------------
"You guys having a clock party?" Asked Lance as y/n is next to him perfectly normal. "Aw, Lance, you just ruined it," said hunk. Then he hugged both Lance and y/n, "Hey, Lance and y/n!"

Hunk let go as y/n just stood there as Lance asked, "What happened?" Allura puts a hand on both y/n and Lance's shoulders, "We can tell you two all about jt while you two get something to eat. Lance, are you able to walk?" "Talking? Eating? Are you asking me out on a date?" Asked Lance, as allura turned away with crossed arms and huff. Y/n blankly looked at him as the group groans.
—---------------------------------------------------------
(Well, I'm going to change it to only keith as a love interest for now, maybe lotor but idk :p)
—---------------------------------------------------------
Y/n was eating the food goo as Lance also eats. "He'd be sendak's prisoner right now, if not for pidge," said allura. Pidge also says, "Well, you wouldn't have survived the explosion if hunk, y/n, and corab hadn't gotten a new crystal." Keith looked at y/n in confused but looked away when y/n looked to him. Lance thanked everyone as he says, "Sounds like the mice did more than you, though."

"I punched sendak!"
"Yeah, apparently after I emerged from a coma and shot his arm off."
"We had a Bonding moment. I cradled you in my arms!"
"Nope. Don't remember, didn't happen."

Lance then looked to allura, "So, what happened to sendak?" Allura answered, "He's frozen in a cryo-pod. We're keeping him here in the castle." Y/n asked, "I'm not sure... is that a good idea though to keep him here?" "He's too dangerous to be set free from here. Besides it's useful for us to get some information about zarkon from him." Y/n nods.

"So, what's the plan now?" Asked Lance as hunk answered, "We have to get back to the balmera and save Shay and her people." Y/n feed the mice as Lance teased him, "Wow! You are really hung up on this lady." "No, it's not like that. Look guys, when you see how zarkon has treated these people and destroyed their home. They've been under his thumb for so long, they don't know what it is to be free. It's up to us to set this right. This is what being a paladin is all about. It's time to man up." Y/n just stared at him, "Oh, and woman up I think." Y/n shurged as she stood up.

Shiro says, "Then let's get moving. Time to go defend the universe." Before they walked away, pidge says, "Wait, I have something to say first. I need to come clean. And I'm afraid this may change the way you all think about me. Just so there are no secrets between us anymore, I can't "man up." I'm a girl. I mean, I can "man up" because that's just a figure of speech." Pidge continue to ramble on as Lance yelled due to speechlessness, "wha..? You're a girl? How?"

"Ive known for some time, but im glad you've shared it with everyone."
"Yeah. I figured."
"Oh, yeah, me too."
"Wait, we were supposed to think you were a boy?"
"Pidge, owning who you are is going to make you a better paladin."

Pidge sighed in relief as y/n grew silent, "It's good to get that off my chest. Now, let's launch this castle-ship!" Lance shakes his head as he was still in disbelief, "Wait, what? Pidge is a girl and the castle is a ship? How long have I been out?" Y/n only pats his shoulder in comfort as he walked forward.

Y/n just followed the group, until keith grabbed her arm as she turned to him. He looked at her asking, "Can I say something?" Y/n fully turned to him nodding her head. Keith huffed a bit as he asked, "I remembered how hunk and coran says that you got hit on the hip by galra, but when you came into the healing pod, you didn't have the mark. I wonder why?" Y/n was silent as she turned away as she spoke with a sigh, "Its nothing.. we should go before they notice that we're gone." Y/n removed her arm as she walked away. Keith felt uneasy but chose to question her again soon or later.
—---------------------------------------------------------
Allura walked under the blue crystal as it glows. Everyone sat at their seat. Y/n looked away from keith as allura says, "Activate interlock."

The castle began to fly into space as y/n looked outside ignoring Keith's stare.
—---------------------------------------------------------
A male galra says, "Sire, if capturing Voltron is the empire's number-one priority, then I suggest we begin moving th main fleet toward its last known loaction posthaste." The woman now named Haggar turned to zarkon, "Lord, after many years, the komar experiment is finally ready. Soon, we could have more quintessence at our fingertips than ever imagined. We must test it before moving the fleet."

The male galra stood up, "We don't have time for any more of your magic. We must move our ships now." "Voltron and meio is both the most powerful weapon ever created. His puny ships will never be up to the task. We must be well prepared for our next encounter." Zarkon puts his arms on his seat harshly making the male galra flinch as he bowed back down.

"I know better than anyone the power of Voltron and meio. Haggar has my trust. We will perform her test."
—---------------------------------------------------------
"The witch has has his ear. Keep sending our offer out to any scum between planet arus and balmera x-95-vox. I'll capture voltron and meio on my own.
—---------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to make the same book about what I said