Chapter 17: The Blade of Marmora

—---------------------------------------------------------Y/n woke up due to allura

Y/n woke up due to allura. Y/n was standing with her arms crossed (this sometimes helps me when I try to wake up or something) as she stood next to Lance. "Coran, how soon will we get to the Blade of Marmora's base? Based on the coordinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboshes." Pidge says with a smile, "I can't wait to see it! I mean, they were able to fold space-time and that was just at an outpost!"

Hunk then said, "Mm, the space taco. It left us too soon." As his stomach grumbles as y/n only just sweatdrops.

Pidge just shurgs it off, "Well, sure, but my point js, imagine how amazing their home base will be!" "Exactly, it could be any shape," Hunk stated turning to her. As he continued, "Like a space jelly dount. Pr long, like a space eclair. Or a space cheese blitz with a cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powered sugar. That's the stars." Lance groans, "Aw! Now, I'm hungry for breakfast." Keith says annoyed, "Guys, this is a serious mission. We need to focus." Lance then Mocked him as y/n just pinched her nose as she walked away to be next to Shiro.

"The base is in rage," said coran. Shiro says, "Take us in slowly."

Y/n puts a unsure face as coran says, "That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge." "Is that a black hole?" Asked hunk. Coran answered, "No, no, no, no, no. It's two black holes and a giant blue star." "That's not better."

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But, just outside of that. It's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius," explained pidge. Hunk then says. "Okay, it's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave, and it comes out all scorching hot in the outside, but it's still frozen in the middle, right?" Lance then yelled, "Now, I'm hungry for lunch!"

That's when Keith stood up and angrily said, "Guys, quiet! Coran, where's the base located?" Y/n just shurgged the feeling off as coran answered, "In between those three deadly celestial objects." "The perfect defensive position," said pidge.

But allura counter parts, "Or the perfect trap." Hunk also agrees on that as y/n sighed to herself.

Everyone turns to keith as he just yelled, "What are you talking about? We have to go in! This js the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option!" Y/n just turns away as Lance says slowly, "Okay. Jeez. Calm down."

That's when the computer voice started with a female voice, "Identify yourself." "Open a hailing frequency, coran." As coran just presses a button.

Shiro then answered, "We are the paladins of voltron, sent here by ulaz." It was silent, until the voice responded, "Three may enter. Come unarmed." Allura crosses her arms, "Why would they insist we come unarmed? Shiro, this doesn't feel right." Shiro only responded, "We've come too far to turn back now."

"They just sent us a route to the base, but we'll have to move quickly. Because of the solar flares, it's only open for another verga. Then it will be closed for two quintants." Hunk questioned, "They're gonna close it for two years?" Pidge says with a blank face, "Two days." Hunk only 'oh'. That's when Lance puts a smirk asking, "So, any thoughts on who's gonna join you on this mission? I'm thinking things might get a little hot, so you're gonna want someone who can stay cool." Shiro then responded, "You're right." He turned to keith, "Keith, you're coming with me." Lance just stared eye-wide, "Keith's a hothead! He's probably going to shoot first and ask questions later! And they're not gonna be able to answer his questions because they'll be dead!"