An Unexpected Surprise!!

Just like my last chapter, Puppy love & friendship, this chapter is probably also going to be a really short chapter. So, let's get to it.                                                                                                                   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marshall's POV

The next morning.....

Everest and I were in our vehicles, heading towards the lookout. And I know you're probably thinking; why is Everest coming with the lookout, when I could have just gone home by myself?                                                                                                                                                                                            Well, Everest called me yesterday morning and when I went to her home, she told me she wanted another puppy, to which I agreed. So, we mated again and now Everest is pregnant for our new puppy or puppies.                                                                            

We are now heading to the lookout to tell everyone about it, including Snowflake. I just hope she won't be too surprised.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowflake's POV

I was playing outside, and waiting for my dad's arrival. Until I soon saw two pup-sized vehicles driving towards the lookout. It was my mom and dad!! I ran to them and I nuzzled them both happily.

" Dad, You're back. I really missed you. " I said.

" Well, I was only gone for a day. You didn't have to worry so much. "

My mom and I both giggled. " So, what did you and mom do or talk about? " I then asked.                  " Oh, we didn't talk that much, but we did do a lot. " My dad replied.

" Did what a lot? " 

" Snowflake, your mother and I have something important to tell you. "

" What is it? "

" You're going to have a new little brother or sister. " 

" What?! " I said, as I just looked at them, stunned. Did my parents just say I was going to have a         little brother or sister?!

" Uh Snowflake, sweetie, are you ok? " My mom asked. But I just stood there in shock. I looked at my parents as they exchanged worried glances.

" Are you sure about that? " I asked, still stunned.

My mother gave a nervous laugh. " Yeah, pretty sure. " she answered timidly.

" Awesome!! " I then said happily, after a short silence.

" Really, you're ok with it? " My dad asked, as he broke into a smile.

" Of course I'm ok with it. I'm gonna be a big sister!!" 

I ran to the other puppies to tell them everything. " Hey guys, guess what? My mom and dad just told me that I'm gonna have a little brother or sister!! "

They all looked as shocked as I was when my parents told me. Then, they started barking and howling cheerfully.

" That's awesome Snowflake. "

" Congratulations!! "

" You're gonna be a big sister. How cool is that?! "

" What's with all the excitement? " Chase came out, after hearing the boys' barking and howling.

" Hey dad, guess what?! Snowflake's gonna have a little brother or sister!! "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everest's POV

When Snowflake told the other puppies about her being a big sister, they were pretty excited too. Marshall and I could hear them barking excitedly from a mile away. We both chuckled.

" Looks like she took it a little too well. " I giggled.

" Yep. "

" What's with all the excitement? " Chase asked, as he came outside the lookout.

" Hey dad, guess what?! Snowflake's gonna have a little brother or sister!! " Charlie told him.

" Yeah, my parents told me about it. " Snowflake added.

Chase's eyes widened in shock and he turned to me and Marshall, as we looked back with a nervous smile. 

" Wait Marshall, so that's what Everest wanted to talk to you about? " Chase asked, as he came up to us.

" I didn't know that's what she wanted to tell me either. " Marshall replied.

" What's going on out here? " Skye asked, when she came outside.

" Well, apparently, Skye, Marshall and Everest are- " 

" Are having another puppy, I already know. " Skye said, as she gave me a cheeky smile.

" What?! How did you know? " Chase asked, a little confused.

" Well, I told Skye about it first. " I said, nervously.

" Anyways, Chase, I hope you're not mad. " Marshall said.

" Nah, I'm just really surprised. And happy for you!! " 

" Yeah, congratulations. " Skye added. " So, when are your puppies due? "

" In a month or two. " I then said.

" Hey, what's going on out here? I thought I heard barking. " Ryder said, as he came out the lookout to see what was going on. " Oh Marshall, I didn't notice you were back. "

" Hello Ryder. " I greeted.

" Oh Everest. I didn't know you were coming too. "

" Yeah, but for an important reason. " 

" Why's that? "

" Well, Marshall and I are- "

" Having another puppy. "  Chase and Skye then said.

" Wow!! Well, congratulations, you two. " 

" Thanks. " Marshall and I both replied.

We could still hear barking and howling from the puppies, especially Snowflake.

" Sounds like they're still really excited. " I said.

" Yep. " Marshall and Chase both said.

" You know, Marshall and Everest. When your new puppies are born, we could train them as new members for the team, when they're older. " Ryder suggested.

" That's a great idea. " Chase then said.

" Are you sure we need our puppies as new members. Isn't it a little too much? " I asked.

" Nah, it's fine. New members just makes the team even stronger. " Chase said.

" Plus, it's like the say; The more the merrier. " Ryder said.                                                                                   We all then laughed in agreement.