Best Dad Ever

Marshall's POV

A few weeks later...

Snowflake was really useful during most missions and my dalma-twins Summer and Tyler have been needed too. And sometimes working along with them on missions was exciting too. It's actually great seeing my puppies grow up so fast.

My thoughts were a little interrupted watching Snowflake, Summer and Tyler playing and giggling with the other puppies Charlie, Oscar, Emmett and Gunner.

It is also great seeing my pups and Chase's pups being best friends. It's nice watching all of them playing together.

Once again my thoughts were interrupted seeing Chase and Everest walking up to me.

" Thanks for watching the boys for me, Marsh. " He said with the cool encouraging smile he always gives me.

" It wasn't a problem. " I said. " They're so cute playing together. I love watching them. So, Everest, I've been meaning to ask you how are the twins doing in the mountains? "

" Well it's been a little hard cause they can be a handful at times. But they've been doing really well. And I love when we come here to spend time with you guys. " Everest said, nuzzling me on my chest.

" Yeah, Snowflake's been a handful at the lookout too. But it's great that she's helping on missions and getting along with other pups. " I said smiling at both her and Chase thinking how me and Snowflake have been really close since she first moved to the lookout.

" I know how it feels. " Chase said patting me on my back. " Skye and me are also happy for the boys too. "

" It's cool. You guys should go. I might need some rest now. " I said.

" We understand. But call if you need anything. " Everest and I head bud and then she left with Chase and went to watch the twins and the male puppies.                                                                                 I looked over my shoulder to see my little daughter Snowflake, padding her way over to me.

" What are we gonna do today Dad? " Snowflake asked with a cute grin on her face.

" I think you've played enough today honey, maybe you and I should just rest a bit for now. " 

" Okay. " She said. " Do you think mom and the twins are leaving? "

I said. " Well, your mother said they'll be leaving very soon. " 

" Oh...alright. " She said a bit unenthusiastic but then snuggled up to me and smiled.

" I'm so happy to have you with me. " I said smiling down at her in my paws.

" Me too, you're the best dad ever. " 

" Really, you think so? " I asked.

" Mhm. " She nodded, once again smiling and yawned, then she dozed off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter. FYI, I wasn't aware that this was gonna be short like Puppy love & friendship and An Unexpected Surprise!!