-•𝐂hapter 𝐓wo•-

-•Lilian's pov•-

I feel asleep.

The only time I needed to stay up all night I didn't. I remember last time I checked time it was twenty minutes past twelve in the midnight but after that I don't remember anything. I felt stupid at that moment. How could I be so careless and so stupid and so irresponsible. I was supposed to talk to Ian, confront him but couldn't just because I slept. Even my books couldn't keep me awake all through night.

And now when I checked time it was almost nine, so I had missed breakfast with this family. Not that I care. Climbing out of bed I paddled towards bathroom, there was not a speck of sleep or tiredness in me but all I could feel at that time was irritation and anger towards myself. Stripping out of my clothes I stood under shower allowing the thick water droplets wash me from head to toe. I washed myself thoroughly and then stepped out of bathroom.

A towel wrapped around me I walked to my closet which stand in the western wall of my room. I slid open the glass doors of one side and pulled open drawer fishing out my white and black polka dot cotton bra with underwear. Oh you want to make fun of me, do it. But for me comfort is more than anything. After that I put on a pair of jeans hitching them around my waist. The material holding my round hips perfectly and then I put on a red off the shoulder top which stood above my bellybutton.

Once I was ready I skipped downstairs where there was no one other than maids cleaning the living area, dining area and all. I sighed in relief knowing that Henderson family had departed to their respective works. I made my way directly to kitchen to calm my growling stomach. I made myself a toast with cup of coffee and boiled egg white. Once my stomach was satisfied I made my way to garage to get a car.

Sitting on driving seat I felt a sense of freedom. It felt like I had found my long lost freedom and independence. Getting control of a car made me realize how caged I was but now I was going towards my freedom. As car glided through the traffic of Chicago passing through buildings and gardens and shops and hotels, my journey was towards my independence.

A sudden happiness rushed through my veins. I felt relieved. There was nothing that could push my spirits down, I had decided now no one has control over me. I have yet again gained control of my life. I drove through the smooth roads lined by huge skyscrapers. A realization struck me that many males and females, girls and boys, men and women were working behind these concrete of glass walls, enjoying their life with their own money and love. They would have husbands and wives and boyfriends and girlfriends and parents and friends.

I envied them at the moment.

Listening to my gps I stopped car in front of a huge skyscraper and climbed out if it. In front of me was a very modern and heavenly beautiful building, on the entrance of which harlequin was written in big and bold letters. Harlequin is the ruling magazine of not only Illinois state but also of the whole USA. The magazine was created by senior Henderson aka Oliver Henderson aka my father in law. And now is under the care of Ian.

Their magazines have been ruling the world of media for more than a couple of decades. In small amount of time this magazine has carved it way to top. It covers fashion, health and fitness life style, business in it's different franchises, even not sparing the mental health and awareness. My father had been working with the. since the start and that was why I knew every detail of this business. I remember reading about their journey to top, their ever growing profits and fame. My father who had got the business of his father couldn't expand his small magazine from fashion to anything else and that is why it is dead today.