-•𝐂hapter 𝐍ine•-

Autumn was here.

It was October already a lot chilly in Chicago. Yellows and oranges were everywhere. Trees looked like they were burning and yellow leaves fell everywhere. The gardens on Henderson mansion were also facing same fate in the hands of autumn and my view from my bedroom window was even more beautiful.

I enjoyed strolls in those gardens on weekends. These were best places for a clear mind. I spent long time here for my articles, talking to Coco over video chat as she was in Hungary for her show and for clearing my mind off any thoughts of Ian. He had resumed going to office last week after a rest of three weeks but I hadn't talked to him since the day, the news of his accident broke out and his parents returned.

"Lilian" I heard my name being called ad I turned around to look at the person who came to meet me and never in my wildest dreams I imagined Zoe standing there.

"Hi" I rubbed my hands together in nervousness or because of the chill breeze blowing through these vast gardens.

"Do you have time I want to talk to you"

"Yeah sure" she sat down on the bench and after her I settled beside her. Zoe Henderson is the definition of beauty with her long black hair, green eyes, freckled skin and her style.

"When Ian got into that car crash were it you, who took care of him before we got here?"

"I- I- " her question took me off guard. I didn't know how or most importantly what to say. My words can get me into trouble and I know it.

"Lilian will you say something" her words were stern and send a chill down my spine.

"No. No. It wasn't me" she chuckled at my words and then stared me down. Her eyes were cold. Her stare was so dark that I have never seen before.

"Lilian don't lie to me. We all know you took care of him when no one of us was around. Let me tell you one thing, I never hated you but I never even liked you. Now I do hate you. You were supposed to stay away from him amd you didn't. I want to warn you for first and last time to stay away from him before I out of all the people throw you out of this house and his life"

With those final words she stood up and walked away leaving me stare at her leaving figure. Her blue dress flew in the breeze and she tightened her cardigan around her. I kept on staring her till she was out of my sight and once she disappeared I took a deep breath of relaxation.

Deciding not to dwell over it gathered my stuff that was placed on picnic mat and walked towards house. Hot air of heating system hit me as soon as I entered and my skin relaxed. Without spending much time I walked upstairs and prepared myself a bath.

As I closed my eyes under water my imagination lead me back to the stare Zoe send me. It was so dark and cold, one I had never seen before. Ian is famous for his cold behavior and angry stares but this one was sinister. I had always considered Zoe to be someone rational but no she was far more deep that all this. She is one you need to stay away from.

I don't know how many demons these people are hiding but everytime I get to see a new skeleton buried in this house scarier than the previous. It scare me to my core and urges me to find my escape from this hell. I am not supposed to be here. It is like I am at wrong place and every damn time is wrong time. But no matter how much I claw on these walls caging me I can't find an escape.

I have no idea why Ian married me because there was no use of buying the business of my father. And there were even less reasons on marrying me when my father was only ready to sale his business if and only if he marry me. I don't know what kind of father would want to sell his daughter in some business deal. I want so many answers but everywhere all I see is darkness.