-•𝐂hapter 𝐓en•-

-𑁍-

Ian's pov:

I wish I knew what I was trying to do.

Taking Lilian to dinner and now giving her a lift was something I shouldn't be doing. There were a lot of things happening in my life that shouldn't be happening and I was sole reason of their happening.

I shouldn't have married that girl.

Shouldn't have given the job at my office.

Shouldn't take her to dinner or give her lift.

Most importantly she shouldn't have taken care of me when I was sick.

But there was this part of me that can't see her in pain, trouble, worry or even sad. It physically pains me to see her in any pain. I don't know what is happening to me but it is terrifying. It is horrible. And that is why I try my best to stay as away from her as possible. And then I get a flash of her being and lose all the control I had gained over my body and emotions.

My fingers typed furiously on the keypad of my laptop where I was writing an email, all the anger I had on myself poured on the keys. A knock reverberated through my office and Jason my assistant walked in.

"Sir, board members are here. The meeting is about to start"

"I am coming" I replied and with a nod of head he walked out of room, leaving me once again alone in the silence but sadly I wasn't fortunate enough to enjoy this silence as I was supposed to reach the meeting. I walked out of my office and rode to the floor above where meeting was supposed to happen. As I walked into the office I could see all the heads turning to me other than only one.

Of Oliver Henderson.

He kept on sitting the same was he was staring at the blank screen. He never bothers so neither did I as I took usual seat reserved for me. The meeting started short after and the blank screen Oliver was looking at lit up with the slides prepared by the presenter. After meeting I walked out of room and was lazily walking beside the glass panes, overlooking the floor down where there was sitting area for cafeteria and there I saw her.

Lilian.

Sitting with her friends occupying a table beside a huge indoor plant planted in golden pot. She was in a purple colored top which had red cherries painted on it. Her hair was pulled at the top of her hair in a ponytail. Her lips painted red moved as she talked to her friends.

My whole world stilled as I stared at her- taking in her figure. All the tension, anger, stress left my body as I kept on staring. I wanted to walk up to her and feel the warm blanket she owns. Desperate for the warmth I felt in her arms just a month ago when I found myself waking up in her lap.

She has a heart so pure and full of love, and I fear this will cause her harm specially in my world. The girl like her should never come across a man like me. I hate myself for bringing her in. If it wasn't for me and my quest for rebellion against my father I wouldn't have married her and brought her light into this darkness.

Now I fear that this darkness will swallow her whole with her light.

Oliver and Anastasia wanted me to marry the girl of their choice but I married Lilian to tell them I am not their robot, they don't own me. As much as they didn't take it week they are making it their life mission to destroy Lilian.