-•𝐂hapter 𝐍ineteen•-

-𑁍-

Lilian's pov:

|One month later|

That night I saved my dignity and sanity as I walked out of that mansion, taking everything I owned with me. At three in the morning when I finally left the room I had been living in for four or so months looked as if no one lived there. It was the most difficult decision to ever make now knowing how much Ian needed me but I walked away, because Oliver hitting Ian just wasn't something I could live with.

Today I sat in a small coffee shop located in Pairs, France. I went to Coco the day I walked out of that house and today I was here with her when she prepared for her show tonight.

"I am leaving my job" I told her that day. "I can't keep doing the job that reminds me of the darkest phase of my life"

"As you wish" she had said. And today we were he together trying to move on from that phase of my life. There are these parts of life that alter your whole life, your perspective on life, your whole thought process. This marriage and my time with Ian was what it was.

Everything I did was around Ian and his family. My job which I began to love, unfortunately, was given by Ian. He was my boss's boss, ruling over the company. And there were chances of me running into him every time, like he did a few times.

In the elevator
Outside the office

And many times. I didn't want that to happen once again. I don't want him in my life in any form and so here I am sipping coffee and eating the croissants in Paris, while writing blogs of my own. I have started writing blogs and honestly it is not doing extra ordinary but I spend great time doing all this.

I typed away in my laptop while taking a huge bite from my croissant. Forgetting about all the past troubles I found my solace and purpose in writing for myself. I found myself in writing these shitty blogs with shitty plot. I have a small audience and that too I know is because of Coco and her marketing strategies. But I enjoy it all. I enjoy trying new foods in Paris and then writing about them. I enjoy trying the skin care products and writing the reviews. I enjoy posting on my socials. I enjoy my life like this.

Without the stress of meeting goals.
Without the anxiety of living with Henderson.
Without Ian.

I know my heart ached just thinking about the possibility of living without Ian but the rational part of my brain knows this is for the best. My life without Ian is better than with him beside me. My eyes fell on the ring that sat on my finger, claiming me as his. Like I am his property. I held it in my hand and pulled it out of my finger and throwing it away on the street.

I know I should have thought twice before throwing it away but would you hold on to the memories of your dark days. Would you like to remember the part which hurt you the most. No. Right? Neither would I. So I threw away the ring and everything that reminded me of him.

I sat there in the cafe for hours, writing for my blog and then just enjoying my coffee and finally Coco arrived. She was gone for her practice and we were supposed to meet here, but she didn't know I had been here for five hours.

"Hello Lil"

"Hey" she dropped her bag on the table and then a polythene bag followed. She perched the glasses over her head and got comfortable.

"What were you doing"

"Just writing for my blog"

"Great. And today I have brought this new serum which we are going to try today and then you can write about it"