-•𝐂hapter 𝐓wenty•-

"You drunk alcoholic bitch, you have ruined my life" it was no doubt Anastasia. This shrill high pitched voice belong to no one other than his step mother Anastasia Henderson.

"How dare you call me a bitch. I didn't ruin your life. I never forced you husband to cheat on you" this was Lydia. No doubt his mother. He didn't know how to describe her voice but this was most soothing voice he had ever heard. He got up from the tiled floor where he sat on the top of stairs only listening to both the women fighting over none other than Oliver Henderson once again.

"Stop blaming him. If you had kept your tits covered and legs closed he wouldn't have done it."

"If you had your legs opena fn tits uncovered for him all the time he wouldn't have done it" the harsh, cruel words flew around in the air and Ian stood on top of stairs contemplating whether he should try and stop his mother. But a hand on his shoulder stopped him I'm his path.

"Daddy" he whispered looking at his father who stood there holding him from his shoulder.

"Where are you going"

"I want to stop mommy"

"Sweetheart let them be. You and I would go to basement" goosebumps rose over his skin listening the name of that basement. The cold and dark basement which reeked of urine and whatnot. The water leakages making the walls always humid.

"Why do you want me to go to the basement"

"I want to tell your mother something"

"What is it"

"That she shouldn't be fighting. You know that it is bad to fight, so she needs to learn a lesson" he held his hand and walked down the stairs and ignoring the women fighting he walked over to the basement door. Though Lydia didn't ignore her child and his father going to that place.

"Ian sweetheart take off your shirt" he ordered his son as soon as they were in the basement. Oliver turned on the small light bulb which cascaded yellow light through the room while Ian took his time to take off his shirt.

"Now your pants" Ian did as told and in no time he was naked in front of his father. Cold and humid air of the basement caused him to shiver.

"Oliver what are you doing"

"Lydia stay away" Anastasia too entered behind Lydia and held her hands on her back.

"What are you going to do with my son"

"You know you were warned-" whip. Ian screamed with all his might. With everything he had he screamed. The burn of leather belt scorched his skin. "-to never fight with Ana" whip. "You never learn and always fight-" whip "-so this is what you-" whip "- get"

Ian dropped on his knees screaming and jerking and shivering. For the first time in his life he felt what pain actually was. He felt it on his muscles, in his veins, his blood, his bones. He felt it all over him. Inside out.

•••

Ian's pov

What is pain? How would you describe pain? Is this some kind of physical impulse? Or is it emotional stimulus? Would you say pain is the burn of your nerve endings or pain is just electric charges at the endings? You may have some kind of explanation for pain. You should have some kind of explanation for pain.