-•𝐂hapter 𝐓wenty 𝐒ix•-

Next morning we both were on our way to Hallstatt. The place that has become my personal heaven. The place which gives me joy. I think it is the only place where I can find my peace. And in one way or another is it connected to Lilian.

So when she sat in the passenger seat of my car being my passenger nightmare I couldn't be more at peace. It felt like I had gained everything in life. It was perfect and full. I didn't need anything else to make it perfect.

"Ian, Ian look at that car" she panicked looking at the car coming from far away. It was at a great distance and I could have easily moved past it without pressing break.

"Lilian relax I can see it coming" I slowed down the car to provide her some calm. She was panicking at every car or was she doing it just to tease me. I can't understand but honestly it was so difficult having her sitting beside her.

"You need to relax Lilian"

"You are driving too fast. It feels like cars are coming over us"

"I am driving within speed limit don't worry. You need to calm down" she nodded her head. I placed my head on top of my thigh slowly rubbing circles, so that I can provide her some calm. She relaxed a little in her seat and then jumped back to life. 

"Let us play some music" she turned on the radio and allowed the Selena Gomez to play. She bobbed her head at the beat and I smiled looking at her, enjoying herself. The drive to Hallstatt wasn't long but we took a small break to have lunch.

"Remember about two and the half years ago we came to Austria for that conference"

"I do remember. I visited Hallstatt for the first time" we found the table at the diner which was just beside the road to Hallstatt. It was small, warm and cozy.

"Don't tell me, even I visited Hallstatt for the first time at that trip" she exclaimed. Her big hazel eyes looked at me in excitement. She looked too cute with her cheeky grin and wide smile. 

"It is a great coincidence"

"A beautiful one in that case" she chided as I pulled chair for her. She slipped in and I pushed her closer, before I walked over to take seat for myself. 

"I bought an apartment there for myself, but now I guess I'll have to show it to you" 

"Oh, I ma excited to see this apartment of yours"

"You'll love it there, I am sure of it" it was small and cozy just like she loves, but it is just an apartment waiting for her to fill it with love and warmth that she carried with her all the time. 

"Then we need to reach there at time" she said with a smile playing on her lips, pouring herself some water. I winked to tease her, looking at the red hue rising on her cheeks. she looked so cute and so lively. 

"We will reach there in no time" I replied. A server approached us with menu cards. She placed the each in front of us. Lilian provided her with a very soft smile and picked the menu card up from the table. It wasn't very crowded but with very few and calculated items on list.

"I will have grilled chicken sandwich" Lilian announced as soon as she gazed at the card in front of her. I gave her a nod before looking something for me.

"I think I will have soup" I raised my hand to call the server and once again the same girl as before came with her huge smile.

"May I take your order"

"Yes, I'll have grilled chicken sandwich with the fries and coke" Lilian butted in. She was smiling all the time at her.

"I'll have soup, what soup do you have today"