Chapter 6

I rubbed my eyes as I groaned. I reached my arms above my head to stretch. “Damn!” I moaned as pain seared through my back and torso. I looked down at myself. The bags of vegetables from last night still rested on my body. I lifted the two off of my stomach and pulled the one from behind my back. 

I sat up, wincing as I did. Wait… I looked around the unfamiliar room. I was pretty sure that I had fallen asleep in the living room with Officer Lee curled around me. Where was I now? 

I looked down at the king sized bed I was currently sat in. I slowly climbed out as I surveyed the rest of the room. It looked similar to my room, though it was five times larger, the walls were white, and the view through the glass wall was much better than mine. 

I slowly walked over to the wall and looked out onto downtown Detroit. I looked down at the busy city streets. The people and the cars looked so tiny. I smiled as I watched them. It was like looking down from heaven. I placed my palms and forehead against the glass. 

I cocked my head to the side as I suddenly heard the sound of running water.

I stepped back from the glass and turned around. I looked at the door to the en suite bathroom. It was slightly cracked, a bright light peeking out.

Oh shit! I’m in his room! I was sleeping in his bed! The same bed where he sleeps! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! 

My head snapped towards the door as I heard the running water suddenly turn off. Oh my god, he was getting out! What do I do, what do I do? 

I racked my brain trying to decide what to do. Should I stay and make it seem like I was creeping around his room? Should I leave and pretend that I had never known what the inside of his room even looks like? 

I heard the sound of the shower door being opened. I felt small beads of sweat begin to form on my forehead. 

Of my body’s own accord I suddenly found myself jumping back into the large white bed and curling underneath the covers. 

I peaked one eye out to see Officer Lee stepping out of the bathroom in his entire god like glory. I fought to suppress the moans threatening to escape from my mouth as I looked at him. Beads of water dripped from his wet hair that hung loosely on his forehead, traveling down his strong chest, toned abs, and eventually disappearing into his towel. Oh, how badly I wanted my tongue to follow that same path. 

My eyes nearly bulged from my head as Officer Lee turned his back to me, pulling his towel off in one swift movement. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! 

He strutted over to his bureau, opening up one of the drawers. He pulled out a pair of red boxers and quickly slipped them on. I nearly cried at the loss of the sight of his gorgeous backside. 

He reached into another drawer and grabbed a black t-shirt, batman’s face printed in the center. I smiled as he slipped it over his head. He liked batman? I would have to make it a point to ask him later… if he was in the mood for talking. 

He suddenly turned around, his face now looking in my direction. He began making confident strides over to the bed. 

I gasped, burying my head in the pillow to hide my flushed cheeks. 

“Sian? Sian, wake up.” he cooed lightly in my ear. I fluttered my eyes open as I pretended to wake up. I looked up at him, resisting the urge to get lost in his blue orbs. “Good morning.” 

“Good morning.” I replied. 

“Did you sleep well?” 

“Yes, you?”