Chapter 15

Neither of us said a word as Officer Lee drove. His eyes remained straight, never looking from the road in front of him. My sight never trailed away from the scenery quickly passing in the window.

I took a deep breath, gathering enough courage to utter a few words to him. "Did you enjoy brunch?"

"No."

"Well, I did."

"I could tell, you and my father had quite the pow wow after I left didn't you?"

I couldn't tell if his tone was angry or annoyed. "We weren't having a pow wow, he just wanted to tell me a few things."

"What did he tell you?"

"Nothing important."

He sighed, "I didn't ask if it was important, I asked you what did he say to you?"

I frowned, somehow he always managed to make me feel like a child. "He told me that I was changing you." I mumbled.

"Changing me?"

"And he said that he knew I was lying when I told him how I came to be living with you."

Officer Lee sighed. "We just shouldn't have went in the first place. If you wouldn't have said yes to him last night I wouldn't have even had to seen him."

I could feel myself suddenly getting angry. Why was he blaming this on me, whatever "this" was? "So you're mad at me? Mad at me for agreeing to go to brunch with your father, who misses you a lot and is begging for a chance to talk to you? What's so wrong with that?"

"I do not want to talk to him Sian! By you agreeing for us to go over there you made him think that I'm over my mot..." he suddenly stopped.

"Over what?"

"Nothing."

"No, it's something. Tell me, Jett."

Officer Lee's head snapped over to look at me, his eyes burned an almost white blue, oh no. I cupped my hands over my mouth.

Officer Lee pulled the car over to the side of the street sharply, shutting off the engine.

"I-I'm sorry Officer Lee, I didn't mean to say it. It just s-slipped out. I'm sorry." I closed my eyes preparing for his harsh words to lash at me.

"Say it again, Sian." he said.

I squinted me eyes open to look at him. I could see his chest heaving up and down due to his heavy breathing. "I'm sorry?"

"No! Say it, my name!"

I sat puzzled, not fully understanding his words. "Officer Lee?"

"Damn it!" he cursed. He lurched out of his seat and closer to me, his face now inches from mine. I could feel his breath blowing against my face. I looked down to see his hand unbuckle my seatbelt.

I looked up in time to see his mouth coming towards me. I sighed as his lips lightly brushed against mine. I felt him beginning to pull away.

No, stop him! It's too soon! the girl inside my head yelled.

I grabbed the back of his head, tangling my hand in his dark hair and pulled his mouth back to mine. I wanted to listen to the voice in my head. But something wouldn't allow me to remove my lips from his.

I felt his cup my cheek roughly. Tingles spread over my skin at the feel.

I felt him pull away from me for the second time. "No, no, n-n..."

"Ssh," Officer Lee hushed me. "Answer my question Sian, do you want this?"

I felt my cheeks flame the brightest tinge of pink. "Want what?"

"It is very cute when you attempt to play dumb with me Sian, now answer! Do you want this?"

"Yes, yes I want it!" I moaned. The words flew out of my before my brain had even registered it.

I could see Officer Lee's eyes darken a shade. "Tell me what you want Sian."

"This, I want this."

"No, Sian, tell me exactly what you want. Tell me what you want m..."

"I want you Officer Lee!" I yelled in annoyance. "I want to call you Jett like a normal person! I want you to talk to me like I'm a normal person not a belligerent child! I want you to stop being so mysterious with me, I want you to tell me everything. I want you to stop leaving me wanting more! I want this... even though I'm not even sure what this is!" I stopped to catch my breath. "If you want this too then Jett... lets just do it. I feel this thing between us, and I know you do too."

Officer Lee's eyes bored back into mine. I wasn't sure exactly what emotion was reflected in them. "Feel what? I don't know what you mean."

"Liar!" I shouted back at him. I felt drunk with courage and I was going to say everything that I had been thinking for the last few months. "When we came back from the court hearing... in the kitchen... what happened Jett?"

"You're feeling quite brave now, aren't you?"

I ignored his snide comment. "I'll refresh your memory then. You pushed me onto the counter, you had my skirt pushed up. My shirt was open, along with my bra."

"And Lucy walked in."

"Hmm, so you do remember?" Officer Lee nodded at me. "Answer me this, Jett, what would have happened had Lucy not walked in?"

Officer Lee's eyes darkened slowly until they were an onyx color.

I shrunk back into the seat, feeling my drunken courage quickly evaporate. I waited patiently for his answer.

One minute, five minutes, ten minutes.

I jumped upon Officer Lee's sudden movement back into the driver seat. He started the engine of the car, revving it a few times. He turned to look at me, still shrunk back into the car seat. "Seatbelt... on." he said. I noticed the emotionless detachment in his voice.

I followed his instructions quickly, since my courage had been gone for quite a while now.

I watched the city pass by in the window, pondering the recent events that happened. I couldn't seem to make sense of his sudden mood swing. One minute it seemed he was going to rip my clothes straight from my body. I suppose my fake liquid courage had something to do with him quickly becoming cold.

I peeked at Officer Lee out of the corner of my eye. His eyes quickly snapped to look at me. I looked away immediately, looking out of the window once again.