Chapter 17

I stepped off of the bus with a sigh. I looked down at the directions on my phone. I had two more blocks to walk before I reached my destination. I tucked it into my back pocket before beginning to walk.

I stood still as I gazed at the door of the huge house. I couldn’t help feeling guilty for doing this behind Officer Lee’s back. But if I wanted to know what was really going on with him then this had to be done.

I took a deep breath, swallowing my nerves. I rang the doorbell before stepping back slightly.

A few moments past before I heard a person behind the door. It opened a few seconds later revealing Officer Lee’s father, Richard.

“Hel… Oh! Sian?” He said shocked.

I cleared my throat, “H-hi Richard. I’m sorry I came by so unexpectedly but I didn’t have your number to call you. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

“Nonsense, come in.”

I stepped into the house slowly.

Richard closed the door behind me. “Please, come into the living room.” He took my hand, leading me.

He took a seat on the black leather chair, motioning for me to sit down on the couch. I obliged.

“So, what brings you here today?”

“I’m not sure exactly. I just decided that I wanted to take you up on your offer from yesterday… just to talk.”

“Oh, great. What would you like to talk about?”

“Offi…” I cleared my throat, “Jett.”

“Ahh, I thought so.” he said smiling. “What exactly do you want to talk about involving Jett?”

“Well… I just want to know more about him. He’s so… mysterious and brooding. He has crazy mood swings, I mean they practically give me whiplash. When I say certain stuff he gets so angry I think he’s gonna smash something. Oh, and his eyes change colors which might creep me out the most.”

“Hmm, what stuff do you say that makes him so angry? Though I’m sure I know what it is.”

“Well… I recently found about his mother, Agatha.”

“He told you about her?”

I nodded, “But it was like pulling teeth to get it out of him. Whenever we have talked about her, the little that we have, he gets really angry and upset. But he won’t tell me why.”

Richard shook his head from side to side slowly. “I am going to reveal some things to you Sian, and you and I both know Jett won’t be happy about that.”