Chapter 12

My arm was draped lazily over Officer Lee’s shoulder as he carried me into the apartment. 

He walked me over to the living room, where he gently laid me onto the couch. He quickly left the room and reappeared, a small bin in his hands. He sat it down on the floor beside me. “In case you get sick.” 

Only seconds later I felt vile rise up my throat. I reached down and grabbed the bin, vomiting. 

I continued heaving, even after everything in my stomach was gone. 

I sat up straight, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand. 

“Jesus! Jett what happened to her?!” Lucy yelled as she walked into the room. Her pink stain nightgown reached down to the floor and shimmered under the lights. 

She walked over to the couch, sitting down beside me. 

“She accidentally drank some… or a lot, of one of the alcoholic beverages there.” 

“How could you let her do that? Were you keeping an eye on her?” 

I glared at Officer Lee. “He was to busy with someone else.” 

Officer Lee stared back at me, the look on his face almost made me want to cower in fear. 

“Oh really?” Lucy turned to look at him. “Who?” 

“No one.” he growled. 

“A girl named Sara, tall with read hair.” I said.

“Hmm, what made her show up Jett?” 

Officer Lee sighed. “She said that she felt she needed to come and give me some support. To show me that she’ll always be there for me.” 

“Wow, funny how she can try to be here for you now. But when you really needed her she was sucking off some other man.” Lucy snarled, wrinkling her face in disgust. 

“Lucy… please. I don’t want to talk about this.” 

“Fine, fine. We need to focus on Sian anyway.” She turned back to face me. “Are you feeling alright dear?” 

I nodded. “Just a little queasy. My head kind of hurts too.” 

“Well, that’s the beginnings of a hangover my dear. Do you want to go up to your room?” 

“Uh, no. Can I just stay down here?” 

“Of course. Jett, fetch her a glass of cold water please.” He nodded, doing as she said. Lucy leant forward slightly, bringing her voice down to a whisper. “So… did you get Jett into that dress of yours?” She wiggled her eyebrows. 

“No, Lucy!” 

“Why not?!” 

“I-I don’t know.” I mumbled. 

“Well, ya know what? I’m not going to let all my hard work go to waste.” 

“W-what are you tal…” 

Officer Lee returned with my water. I took it from his hand, mumbling a ‘thank you’. 

Lucy yawned loudly. “Oh, it’s almost a quarter to one. It’s definitely time for this old gal to get to bed. Jett, would you be a dear and stay with Sian for the night? Just to make sure that she’s okay?” 

“Fine.” 

“Great! Well, I’m off to bed. Goodnight.” Lucy flashed me a cheeky grin and a wink before she ascended up the stairs to her room.