Chapter 13

“Ahh!” I screamed, my eyes shooting open as I gasped for breath. 

Officer Lee stood above me, staring down his nose at me. “Sian, are you alright?” I continued gasping, trying to fill my lungs with as much air as possible. “Sian? Can you hear me?” 

“Y-yes.” I stuttered. “What h-happened?” 

“You had a panic attack and fainted.” 

“Fainted?” 

“Yes, you stopped breathing for a short amount of time also.” 

“How did yo…” 

“I dunked your head in cold water; I figured that would get you up.” I wriggled slightly in his arms. “And it did.” 

Officer Lee placed me down onto the floor, settling himself in front of me. 

I looked around the room. We were currently sat in his bathroom. 

My thoughts traveled back to that night when we had had our argument. He had told me, begged me almost, to stay with him. And in my heart, I had come to the realization that I couldn’t leave him. 

I felt my heart rate picking up again. But that would probably change now. I had killed his mother. He wouldn’t want anything to do with me. He would kick me out on the street if he knew. I could feel myself becoming dizzy. 

“Sian? Sian, what’s wrong? Shit!” Officer Lee cursed as he stood up from the bathroom floor. He exited my line of sight, returning moments later. 

I gasped as I felt the cold water being doused onto my head. 

“W-what the hell are you doing?” I yelled, scrambling to my feet. 

“You were having another attack. I had to stop you from fainting again.” 

“You could’ve done something other than pour cold water on me!” 

“That was the only thing I could think of at the moment.” 

I sighed as I smoothed down my drenched hair. I looked down at myself. The material of my dress was soaked, and clung even tighter to my body. My nipples had become hard due to the cold water, and were now poking through the thin scrap of material that covered my breasts. 

“Why?” 

I looked back up to Officer Lee. “Huh?” 

“What triggered them? The anxiety attacks?” I frowned, my eyes dropping to the floor. Guilt washed over me. “Was it because I brought up that man, Cameron?” 

“Uh… y-yeah.” 

“I’m sorry, Sian. I didn’t know that speaking of him would affect you so. I won’t bring it up again.” 

I plopped back down onto the bathroom floor that was now covered in water. Officer Lee sat down in front of me again. 

“You’re going to ruin your pants, sitting in the water.” 

He shrugged, “It doesn’t matter, they’re just pants. But you’re dress; Lucy won’t be to happy to see that damaged.” 

“She’ll get over it.” 

Officer Lee eyes stared into my eyes, mine staring back into his. Oh god, he knows. He knows that I killed her. 

I bit my lip as I waited for him to snap. 

But he never did. 

I watched as he gracefully stood up. He held his hand out to me. I reached out, placing my palm in his. I gasped as he pulled me up from the floor effortlessly.