Chapter 11

Almost two months had gone by since Lucy had caught Officer Lee and I getting frisky on the kitchen countertop. 

Since then, he had neglected to touch me in the slightest. Even if my arm lightly brushed his, he would growl in either aggravation or annoyance. He had also decided to stop speaking to me. Besides the causal hello’s, good morning’s, and good night’s, we never spoke. I would try to start a conversation, only to have him award me with dead silence. 

I wasn’t quiet sure why this had hurt me so.

I woke up every morning hoping that maybe this day would be different. But of course, it never was. 

Officer Lee perched himself down onto the stool next to me. 

I pushed my plate of food away as my appetite was suddenly diminished. “Thank you, Lucy. The omelet was great.”

Lucy picked up my half empty plate. “Well you barely ate any. Are you feeling okay, dear?” 

“Yeah, uhm… I’m fine. I just think I need to lie down for a while.” 

“Alright, let me know if you need anything.” she called to me as I walked up the steps. 

I slammed my bedroom door shut as I plopped down onto my bed, burying my face in the duvet. Though I had only just woken up minutes ago, sleeping seemed like the only thing I wanted to do right now. 

“Ahh!” I squeaked as a hand slammed down onto my behind. 

“Get up, honey!” Lucy’s voice pierced my ears. 

I groaned as I buried my head deeper into the covers. Lucy’s hand came down onto my behind again.

“Sian…” she sang. Without much effort she pushed my body, causing me to rollover onto my back. “What’s the matter with you, girl?!” 

“Ugh, nothing.” 

“I can tell when a girl is lying. So, spit it out. Now!” 

“Nothing is wrong Lucy.” 

“I know you’re upset about Jett.” 

I shot upright, looking Lucy in the eye. “W-what? No I’m n-not.” 

Lucy laughed lightly. “What did he do now, Sian?” 

I huffed. “It’s not what he did. It’s what he’s not doing.” 

“What do you mean?” 

“He hasn’t talked to me, touched me, or barely even looked at me since that day you came home. And I just… is it me? Did I do something wrong? Did I make him angry?” 

“Oh no, you didn’t do anything wrong dear.” 

“Then why do I feel like I’m the on…” 

Lucy quickly cut me off. “Jett’s a very complicated man, Sian. Very hard to understand. I’ve known him all his life and I still don’t fully understand him.” She sighed. “But it’s a difficult time of year for him right now.” 

“Why?” 

She sighed, “It’s something you’ll have to ask him about.” 

I frowned, dropping my head back onto the bed. 

“But I do know that if he’s ignoring you like this… it means he likes you.” 

I immediately perked up, sitting upright on the bed. “What?” 

“He likes you Sian.” 

“H-how do you know?” 

“Jett would never bring a woman into his home, and give her a room free of charge. And he definitely wouldn’t try to make her breakfast, or be on the verge of having sex with her on the kitchen counter. Oh, and he wouldn’t be leaving love bites on someone that he didn’t like.”