Ch. 9 - My Feelings For You

I'm nervous. Beyond nervous. I'm anxious. How could Saturday just fly by? How can it be an hour to 7?

I stare at the screen of my phone and debate whether to cancel. I should cancel. I mean ... there was nothing great about being with Erika except for the deep seeded connection, our kisses, and igniting touch.

My face turns hot and I set the phone down. There are things I want to say to her. Things I didn't get the chance to say. But how do I tell her that I had fallen madly in love with her. That I still am madly in love with her.

I sigh. It's hopeless. I'm hopeless. Of course I'm going to get ready to see her. It'll be our fifth or sixth date and this time I have a whole arsenal of questions.

With that confidence in mind, I go to rinse my body and curl my hair. I dress in a nice, slim royal blue dress with a zipper going from the middle of my back to the base of my neck. I put on some eye make up, lip balm, and grab my black heels and leather jacket.

It's almost 7 and I'm looking pretty good. I stare at myself in the mirror and hear a ping on my phone.

Erika: I'll be at your place in a few.

I don't respond and walk over barefoot to my kitchen. I should drink some water and prepare myself but instead, I go for the wine bottle and get some "liquid courage". It's a bad idea. Terrible idea. But I take a small sip of it anyways and feel like the edge of my nerves has been taken off.

As I set the bottle of wine back in its place, a knock catches me off guard. Composing myself, I make sure my hair and dress aren't ruffles and open the door.

"Hey Erika," I say with a smile. It feels odd to smile but it isn't fake so that counts.

"Hey, you look really good." Erika says as she watches me not so gracefully put my heels on. "Here let me support you."

"Oh." I hadn't even said a word back to her the first time. But I don't protest as I place my hand on her shoulder and slip the shoes onto my feet. Erika smells delightful. And she's even dressed a little formal with a nice white button down, blazer, and denims.

"You don't look so bad yourself." I comment. "Thank you."

"Shall we go?" She asks and steps aside for me to shut the door. I lock it and we walk down the hallway in silence.

"I hope you like seafood," Erika begins. "There's a really good place by the docks in downtown with a mean clam chowder."

"I had no idea you liked seafood." I say with a smile. "I myself am a seafood lover."

"Good." She says. "Yeah, I can't cook it well but I definitely love the different ways you can make it."

We walk down the stairs and I hold onto the railing. Erika takes my hand as support for me again and I flush, looking at her. Her eyes are dark and brooding but the smile she wears softens the dark look.

I laugh lightly to her response. "I've never been much of a cook myself but I've always been wanting to learn."

"What would be a dish you want to master?" She asks and I frown, not having thought of it. Erika walks me, still hand in hand, towards her car. A nice, black two door Audi convertible. I had no idea she could drive stick too. She opens my door for me and gets me in.

When she enters on her side of the car, I smile and say, "I'd want to master fish dishes."

I watch her eyes widen in surprise as she turns to look at me. I can see her lips twitching up to smile and then she chuckles. Shaking her head she turns the car on and puts it in reverse.