Ch.10 - Who I've Picked

"Mina?"

"Mina?"

"Mina!"

"Huh? What? I'm sorry, Wendy." I rub my head and sigh.

"You've been pretty spacey since the meeting this morning. You ok?" She asks and I nod my head and think again to Erika's words last night. Her kiss. Her touch.

"Are you running a fever or something? You look red." Wendy reaches to touch my forehead but I step back, laughing nervously.

"Oh no, no. Just tired is all." I reply and smile big.

"Do you want some help today? I don't have anything to do and I know you have a pile of files to go through." Wendy stares at me with her eyebrow raised in curiosity.

I see Peter walk by my office. He looks right at me but doesn't say anything. Doesn't wave or show a friendly expression on his face. I snap out of it and look to Wendy.

"Well, since you're so persistent, I guess you can help me." I sigh as she smiles with glee.

"What shall I help you with first." Wendy smiles and helps me into the seat.

"I'll need the final issue from Peter about the magazine so we can send it over to Hana for approval." I watch as she nods and quickly leaves the office. I sigh in relief and turn on the mean machine.

As it begins to load, I feel my phone buzz. Pulling it out of my jacket pocket, I read who it's from.

Clarke: Since when is dad helping mom with her divorce?

Me: You're kidding. And you didn't think to tell me about it?

Clarke: Mom asked me not to tell you. She's really sad about it.

Me: But shouldn't I know?

Clarke: Yeah, I just know how you and Dad Number Two don't like each other. She just didn't want to hear how you were right and she was wrong.

Me: So does that mean no more Fourth of July vacation?

Clarke: They're going to announce the divorce after the vacation. So it's still on.

"I got everything, here you go." Wendy sure is fast. I feel another buzz but don't look as I review the final draft.

"Okay, awesome. Go ahead and give it to Hana." I smile as she nods her head. As she leaves, I pull my phone out and notice I have three emails.

From: Damien Williams
To: Madelina Denzo
Time: 1:46pm
Date: 6/27/15

Dear Twit,

I have finished the interview which you can review on the attachment below. I hope it answers all your questions. If you have anymore, here's my number: 213-657-8504

Sincerely,

Damien Williams

It's odd that he's given his number but I reply back.

From: Madelina Denzo
To: Damien Williams
Time: 8:19am
Date: 6/27/15

Dear Dwight Enterprise,

Thank you for filling everything out. I will review it and give it to Hana. Thank you for giving me your number as well. I could have just gotten it from Blaise but this'll suffice.