Ch.11- What does my heart want

"I really enjoyed that movie," Erika says as I walk her towards my door. It's almost dinner time and she promised her photographer dinner. I don't want her to leave, especially since I've seen her every day since that night. Even though I had a rough day after that night, seeing her face and being with her just makes me so much happier.

"I'm glad you like romantic musicals," I laugh and open the door for her.

"Surprise!" Clarke pops up behind Blaise and my mouth pops open.

"Clarke!" I am totally taken by surprise. Both Blaise and Clarke are here right now. My face turns bright pink and Clarke looks at Erika and steps around Blaise who's in equal shock like me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Again," he extends his hand out to Erika who does the same. The grips seem strong and firm. Good. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good. I was actually leaving." She looks at Blaise and I do too. He tries to look calm but I know he's exploding. He gave me permission to see her and hasn't spoken to me since so I've been with Erika. Can he blame me?

"Have a good night," is all he says and I frown, turning to her now. She kisses my cheek and nods her head.

"I'll call you in the morning." She smiles at me but it drops quickly and she leaves. Once she's rounded the corner, Clarke smiles at me.

"So, can we come in?" He asks and I nod reluctantly, looking at Blaise as he stares at me.

Once inside, Clarke rummages for the alcohol.

"What, no booze? That's not the Mina I know." He laughs and it's hard to laugh when Blaise is as gloomy as ever. As if picking up the vibe, he gets his wallet out. "I'll do a booze run. Anything specific?"

We shake our heads and he nods, leaving the awkward room and shutting the front door as he does.

"So you're spending time with her now?" He asks heatedly. I face Blaise slowly and look at him square in the eyes.

"Well I don't see you and we aren't hanging out like we used to." I retort and he scoffs. "Honestly you avoid me and have been since you told me to have dinner with Erika."

"Oh, so it's my fault?" He asks defensively.

"No I never said it was. But if you didn't want me seeing Erika, why would you tell me it's ok to go out with her?" I ask and he looks me straight in the eye.

"Because you would have done it behind my back like when you saw Casey and Katarina behind Erika's." he replies and my heart is pounding loudly. How did he know I did that? Did Elliott tell him?

"I would have taken your suggestion under consideration." I counter and he laughs.

"Seriously? 'Under consideration'?" He asks. "Madelina, for the love of all that's good, you and I both know you have a weak spot for her and would drop anything for her."

"And what," I say. "You're jealous?"

"Jealous? Give me a break. I'm your friend and as your friend, I worry about you. I saw how you were when you got to New York and I wanted to do anything I could to cheer you up." He says and I roll my eyes.

"What if what cheers me up is Erika?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"How is it that in less than a week, you run into her and what, go on some date? And then all of a sudden you're back to loving her?" He asks and I open my mouth to speak.