Epilogue

The stars were always so peaceful.

    They had led many through hardships. Their glimmering lights gave hope to all who looked upon them. They reminded everyone of home, even though most never had the stars where they considered 'home'. But, home is where the soul is, or even, where whatever you may have in replacement of a soul. Whether it be a target-shaped soul, vials of magical paint, or a parasitic infestation, many live among the 'normalities' who can love the stars just as much as those who can really feel.

    The God of Creation gazed upon the stars from a cliff of a brand new Outertale appreciating the sky he rebuilt with the help of so many others. He was surprised when Error offered to help him rebuild the Multiverse, and that surprise only grew as the others, including the surviving outcodes, offered their help as well. They were all celebrating a new era of the Multiverse below, something Ink knew they all deserved.

    "What are you doing all the way up here?" A smooth voice asked from behind him. Ink turned to the God of Negativity, smiling. "Well, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to attend your wedding after I punched you in the face and then almost got you deleted from the Multiverse," Ink chuckled sadly.

    Nightmare put his hands on his hips, his weight shifting onto one of his heeled boots. He smoothed back the veil of his galaxy-themed wedding dress for the millionth time as the wind blew it out of place. "Well, you gave me a new, un-punched face, a perfectly intact body that makes me taller than Cross, and a stellar wedding dress, so in my opinion that makes up for it just fine."

    Ink shrugged, standing up. "Well, I will say that I did an awesome job," he joked. They both chuckled. "Come on, let's get down there. You don't want to miss the reception, especially since Horror and Blue teamed up to make all of the food."

    "You're right, I wouldn't want to miss that," Ink responded, brushing off his tux and taking Nightmare's hand, the newlywed teleporting them both down to the ceremony.

    Everyone cheered when the duo appeared in front of them all. Nightmare blushed and looked away, still unused to so much positive attention. Cross strolled up to them both, kissing Nightmare on the cheek and hugging him. "There you are, Nighty!" Nightmare laughed, "Crossy, I was only gone for two minutes!"

    "Which is far too much time on our wedding night!" Cross pouted.

    "Yeah, shame on you, Nightmare Joku," Ink joked. "Hey, the only reason I left was because you looked miserable!" he fired back.

    "Well, I'm going to steal my husband from you now, Ink," Cross stated, squealing a little as he called Nightmare his husband. The soldier dragged Nightmare away.

    "What is it, hun?" Nightmare asked once they were away from the crowd.

    Cross looked left and right, before responding, "I think you should talk to Error about something." Nightmare looked at him questioningly. "Error? Why?"

    "Well, you need to thank him for a few things." Nightmare squinted further. "Just go find him!" Cross insisted. The Guardian chuckled, still confused, but complied anyway, giving his husband a chaste kiss before going to find the glitch.

    Error wasn't hard to spot. He opened up a large portal taking up half the wedding venue, Ink aiding in setting up chairs and creating a mock Outertale in the Anti-Void so that Error could be a part of the crowd. "Hey, Error!" Nightmare called, getting the glitch's attention. Error turned from where he was talking to Dream and Killer. "Oh, hey Nightmare! I need to talk to you."

"So I've heard."

    "Dream, do you mind leaving us alone for a minute?" Dream nodded with an "of course!" before Killer helped him away.

    "Jeez, what is with you people and leading me away from my own wedding reception?" Nightmare joked.

    Error turned to him, scratching his head nervously and taking out his phone. "So, uh, I don't really know how to explain this. Or, er, how to ask this." Nightmare tilted his head. "What is it?" He prompted. "Uh, do you have your phone with you?" Nightmare pulled it out of his inventory, "yeah?"

    Error opened his own phone, and a few moments later his own started vibrating in his hand. The Caller ID said...

"...EL?"

    "Hey, MJ," Error responded. After a few moments of stunned silence, Error added, "sooo, kinda awkward how we never recognized each other's voices, huh?"

    Error was cut off by Nightmare trapping him in a tight hug, "thank you. For everything, Error."

    "Yeah, no problem but you're kinda cracking myribspleaseletgo-" Error took in a huge breath when Nightmare released him. "Oh, sorry, I still don't know my own strength, I suppose," Nightmare replied.

    Error coughed. wheezing as he tried to recover. "Yeah, don't worry about it, it's no problem."

    "Now, let's actually enjoy the reception, okay? I really want that cake, but apparently you and Cross are supposed to have the first two slices," Error muttered.

    Nightmare barked out a laugh, "Well, sorry for cockblocking your sweet tooth, Error."

"You better be."

"Let's just head back, alright?"

"Alright, alright."

    Before Nightmare could leave, Error grabbed his wrist. "Oh, and uh, I don't think I congratulated you yet. Uh, congratulations."

    Nightmare snorted, before covering his mouth and laughing. "Yeah yeah, now let's go."Error raced back to the reception upon seeing the other sweets brought out that he could touch.

    Nightmare paused. looking up towards the stars. Thank you for guiding me, he thought, before following his best friend who he met over the phone.