Chapter 27

"Are we there yet?"

    "Nope!"

    "Can I take this blindfold off?"

    "Nope!"

    "Will you say yes to any of my questions?"

    "Maybe!"

    Killer sighed, trying to keep up with Dream's fast pace. He was blindfolded by the skeleton and was now being taken somewhere. Where? No clue.

    He heard Nightmare greet Dream, then snicker, probably from Killer's situation. "Please tell me where we're going, babe! The anticipation is killing me!" Nightmare burst out laughing. "Consider this karma for everything you annoyed everybody with for the past 30 years!" Dream responded "no" to his question once again, and continued dragging him by his coat sleeve.

    Dream stopped, sighing in contentment. He had asked everyone to keep Killer busy for a week after Cross and Nightmare came back from their hike. Killer was so innocent, not even knowing that they were all distracting him while Dream moved all of his stuff(or as much as he could without Killer getting suspicious) into the house, and painted it, re-furnished it, and made it perfectly move-in ready for him.

    "Are we there-?"

     "Yes, Killsy. You can take the blindfold off now." He happily obliged, wanting to know where he was whisked off to.

    He stared at the house he finished building a while ago. The house that he wanted for himself. Except it didn't look as boring. The outside walls were painted blue, with a crimson red front door. "Ta-da! Take a look inside!" Killer stared in wonder as he climbed onto the porch, opening the door. The inside was blue, black and white. Everything was furnished and cleaned spotless, with matching couches and chairs, a coffee table, and a huge flatscreen. There was a mini popcorn machine on one of the side tables, and a cooler under that same table for drinks. He ran upstairs, Dream following him inside.

    "Do you like it?" He asked, a little worried of the lack of verbal response. "I..." Killer trailed off, trying to figure out how to put his thoughts into words. "I?" Dream urged, his doubt growing.

    "I love it." He stated in a rather monotone voice. "I...love it!" He repeated, this time more enthusiastic. "Wh- how??? When did you-?" Dream smiled. "Don't worry about that! I'm so happy you like it!"

    Killer turned around. It kind of looked like he was going to cry. He gave his boyfriend a hug, lifting the shorter skeleton up in the air. "Y'know, I kind of feel guilty for not returning any of the grand gestures you always do. It makes me feel like you're way too good for me.." he mumbled into his shirt.

    Dream cupped his cheekbone, kissing him. "Now, don't think that! It wasn't that much work!" That was a lie. He basically didn't sleep the entire week he was given, trying to make everything absolutely perfect for his love. Then again, he didn't exactly sleep regularly anyway.

    Maybe he shouldn't work so hard. He is really tired right now, and all this really did was make Killer feel guilty for not returning the favour. He cuddled into Killer's chest. He was so...warm..

    He suddenly conked out from the exhaustion that hit him like a brick, falling asleep on Killer's shoulder. He noticed Dream go slack, and heard a small, quiet snore. He let out a short laugh. He knew of Dream's insomnia issues, but never brought it up with him. Just like Nightmare, he thought, remembering all the times he and the entire team all slept together to soothe their bad dreams.