Chapter 2 - Someone's in Love

EL and MJ began to talk to each other regularly. They talked about life, the people around them, among other things. They sort of sounded like high school besties, talking to each other over the phone every night, though they were both far older than that.

They both enjoyed their talks thoroughly, and although EL never had much to say, he loved hearing MJ's stories. They both kept true to their promise, and never brought up each other's identities again. They both wanted to retain the sweetness of their interactions that they had now: completely blissful, with no worries tied to who they really were.

EL began to notice that there was this one guy that MJ always talked about, that he opted to refer to as CK. He said that it wasn't the same friend that he helped him make amends with, but was still pretty close to him.

EL began to believe, in MJ's eyes, that they were more than friends.

They were basically all the other talked about, when he wasn't bitching about some person he hated. Error was never the type of person to keep quiet about something that bugged him, something that Blue told him he might have to tone down in order to make more friends. But MJ didn't seem to mind much, so Error brought it up to him.

"You seem to really like this person, don't you?"

"Well, yeah," MJ replied, not picking up on Error's insinuation. "He's very loyal to... everyone he cares about." MJ sounded sheepish, "I never really confide in anyone, you're kind of a first for me, but if I did more often, I probably would in him."

"Him, huh? So you're gay?" EL's voice chuckled.

Nightmare sat up, a little startled. "What? I stated he was a friend!"

"Uh huh. Haven't you noticed he's all you ever talk about? You may not realize it, but I'm willing to bet that you like him."

"No! Why would I..." Nightmare trailed off, beginning to think it over. He was never able to identify positive emotions that well, since his job was always to do the contrary. Did he like him?

"How would I be able to tell?" Nightmare asked, scratching his head. Maybe EL was better at this whole "falling in love with people" thing.

"Think about it," EL replied. "Picture his face. Would you, if given the opportunity, make out with him?"

Nightmare paused. That was easier than anticipated.

"..."

"Crap."

EL giggled. "I knew it!"

"Nooooooo..." Nightmare drawled, burying his face in his hands and laying down on his bed in defeat.

"Yeeeeesss," EL drawled back, laughing.

Nightmare rolled over onto his stomach, picking his phone back up. He glanced over to his alarm clock, noticing how late it was. He should get to bed.

"Okay, it's getting really late. I should go to bed," Nightmare told him.

"Uh huh," EL replied, still laughing. "You can't escape me."

"I'm serious. It's 11 where I'm at," Nightmare deadpanned.

"Fine. But you better call me when it's night again!"

"How about you call this time?" Nightmare asked. It's always hard to keep track of everything, from his underlings and their shenanigans, what missions he needs them to go on, and all of the paperwork he has to fill out for his many connections. Calling EL almost always slips his mind.