Chapter 7 - Obscure Situations and Budding Feelings

Even though Error wasn't technically a part of the team, he certainly acted like he was.

    He came by a lot, so Nightmare's underlings got used to seeing the God around the castle. He even helped them in some of the bigger missions, and he was a big help, that's for sure.

    However, Nightmare made sure that Error was never around whenever Dream swung by the odd weekend, as he was certain Dream wouldn't approve of him 'associating with someone like Error'. Dream was better than he was before, and he is very smart, don't get him wrong, but he just wasn't open-minded enough to consider that Error was lethally deleting code for a reason that maybe wasn't just because he can. After all, if he did want to get rid of all Universes, Nightmare found a few more fast and efficient ways to do it after learning how Error did it. He knew that Error was smart enough to figure all of that out on his own, if he got this far on his own, so there had to be something deeper going on...

    But, just in case Error didn't know that there were easier ways, Nightmare wasn't about to say anything. He wanted the number of AU's, mainly negative ones, to stay high for now. He didn't want to be the reason for a sudden massacre.

    Dream had also started coming by without any notice in advance, which was troublesome to keep he and Error's visits apart. His twin would just show up and say "up for hanging out?" and the answer was usually "yeah, sure! Come on in!" Everyone liked having Dream around. Maybe it was his aura, or perhaps he was simply a very likeable person, and Nightmare knew it. He still felt something off about him though, and it bugged him to no end. He isn't one to let his questions go unanswered, but he had a feeling that Dream would have no idea what he was talking about if he asked.

    He had also finally remade the barrier so Dream and Error could enter without any real problems, after they both brought it up to him(separately, of course).

    Error had his own little bedroom in the castle, even though it isn't really used for much sleeping. He sometimes stays the night, and when he does, Nightmare can hear him, mumbling to himself, as if there was another person in the room. Does he... see someone like Dust? That would be the third person to be kind of crazy. Killer used to think that his Chara was haunting him, even possessing him frequently, as he used to suddenly snap on people then have no memory of it. He talked to them too, mumbling to them to stop, stop, stop...

   And it did, one day. Nightmare hasn't heard anything of the demon child in years, and he was more than thankful for it.

    Though, he has a feeling that Killer 'seeing Chara' and 'hearing Chara' still happens sometimes, he's just stopped showing it outwardly. He doesn't believe Dust or Killer's ghosts are truly real, since there's no proof of their existence beyond appearing one of their episodes. So, it was safe for Nightmare to think they simply have schizophrenia. But, he hopes for Killer that it isn't worse than the king can see.

    As for Cross, he used to think that he was crazy as well, but with the state of the soldier's soul, and his memories of the X-Event... XChara was in there, somewhere.

    Error's little closet-sized room that he was given by the gang was mainly littered with stolen items. Stolen sewing items, that is. Some of his homemade puppets made his way into the castle as well. Error apparently loved making things with his strings, but only dark blue stuff can get boring sometimes, so he sometimes takes sewing items from his Blue's Underswap Universe. Blue even buys some for him(although Error keeps telling Blue to stop wasting his G on him), as Blue doesn't approve of his stealing, but hey, it's not his fault people would under no circumstances give him a paying job(well, technically it was, but it wasn't Error's problem). Not to mention people would be terrified for him to just walk into a store and say, "hey, how much for this yarn?" in a friendly manner. That's probably why Blue buys yarn for him.