Chapter 9 - Secret Sleepover

A white, glitching portal opened beside Blue after he sent his last text to Error. He jumped in, looking around the familiar blank Anti-Void that was his best friend's home.

    "Hey, Blue," a glitching voice greeted him.

    Blue nodded back, "hello, Error."

    He hopped over to the violet bean bag sitting in the center of a mess of sewing items and chocolate, high-energy despite the events that transpired a few seconds ago. Error was sitting on the bean bag with some popcorn, watching Undernovella, as per usual.

    When he saw Blue though, he closed the portal and turned all of his attention to him. "Holy shit, Blue! Are you okay?!"

    Blue looked down at his left arm. The ulna was broken. "I'm fine Error. It's just my arm. You've had more than that broken before, remember?"

    Error looked at him in disbelief. "Well, you're not exactly immortal like me, so you being injured isn't all fun and games!" A short silence as Error's face twisted from surprise to anger. "Stretch did this, didn't he?!"

    Blue stared at the floor, without anything more to say. Error knew. It was pretty obvious, considering that the fracture was fresh and untreated. Error sighed, and moved over on the bean bag so Blue could sit down.

    Error didn't like it whenever Blue visited with an injury. Blue tried to calm him down by saying it was 'just his arm', but that just put how bad this mess was getting at the forefront, in the God's opinion. He needs to stop letting Blue ignore it. Blue was his friend, his only friend for that matter, so he needs to really show him what the problem is.

So he voiced his thoughts, "Blue, this is abuse. You can't keep letting him do this to you."

    Blue sighed. "He's not trying to, he just...needs to get his anger out."

    "On you?! Come on Blue, you know this isn't right! If you want to help others so much, you'd be helping him a lot by pointing out his mistakes so he can be better, or you could be helping me by giving me piece of mind and not letting me worry about whether or not you're getting hurt whenever I'm not watching!"

     Blue snapped his head from facing the ground to look at him. "It's just because of the alcohol! he's not trying to hurt me!"

    "We both know that's not what the real problem is!" Blue looked ready to answer back, then he started thinking, and he slowly closed his mouth. "I don't wanna talk about this anymore." He finally responded with a voice devoid of emotion.

    Error was pissed, but he couldn't say no to Blue. He knew this was a sensitive topic for him, and he doesn't talk about it with anyone else. No one else would listen. "Fine."

    An awkward silence filled the air. He nudged Blue with the bowl of popcorn. "Want some?"

    Blue turned back to him, and looked at him with his tired eye sockets. He smiled, and laughed. He took a handful and stuffed it into his mouth. "Can we watch Undernovella, too?"

    Error chuckled. "Sure, Blueberry," he singsonged in a baby voice.

    Blue's smile turned into one of mock agitation. "Oh, you did not just call me that!" He said, pushing him playfully.

    Error knew Blue didn't like it when others called him that, but just like everything else in the soldier's life, he doesn't tell anyone in fear that they'll all suddenly think he's a horrible monster for politely asking them not to make him uncomfortable. Error could never understand how one could live their life being such a doormat.