1

Levi sat in his chair, waiting for the bell to ring. He scribbled in a monsters inc book he had found in the remains of the lost and found bin.

It was the end of the school year and he had his eyes on that book for months, waiting for someone to come and get their book. when nobody did, of course he snatched it right up.

He rocked back and forth quickly, the sounds of people talking over each other and the gymnasium being right next to him, really stressed him out!!

He didn't let it make him upset though, he went along with what he was doing, using his quivering hand to circle a picture of sully that he thought was cute. He loved how soft and snuggly the monster looked so he wanted to go back to it later!

He flipped the place and drew another eye for Mike Wasowski. He began to write something on the page, but he got too concentrated on it and didn't notice he was pressing a bit too hard with the pen. The page ripped.

The little gasp he let out made him realize that he wasn't big enough to be in class. He was in a small headspace. Once he knew that, he didn't want to even be around his classmates anymore. His eyes began to grow blurry, filling with tears. He started to hiccup. He only got out one or two before he swallowed hard and laid his head down on the book to cover his upset pink face.

Through all of the commotion, he managed to hear the teacher say, "Oh! You're our new student right? This class is almost over but you can still take a seat in that spot in the back, until the dismissal bell rings!"

His head instantly raised, he was the only person in the back next to an open desk. He needed to see who was going to be sitting next to him!

He was... He was so... cute!! It made little Levi blush, he wanted to be his friend so bad!! The boy had black fluffy hair that Levi wanted to feel so bad.

I bet is sooo soft!!!! Levi said in his head.

He didn't look away until the boy looked him dead in the eyes. The only thing Levi could control was if his face was showing, so when he began to smile uncontrollably, he put his head down quickly, still going back to peek out at him through the smallest little sliver of opening between his folded arms and hood.

The boy wore a plain faded old grey tshirt that was probably black when it was bought, but it appeared to have went through plenty of washes.

The shirt was paired with some comfy looking grey sweatpants and black sneakers with black laces.

It was a simple look. No fishnets, no ripped jeans, no collars, no flashy dyed hair, just the boring outfit and a loose silver chain necklace around his neck.

Levi didn't know why he liked him so much, but he didn't care why! He just cared that he felt that joyful inside more.

His heart sped up a little more when the unnamed guy came over to the empty desk to take a seat. He hung his book bag on the chair and sat down, not hesitating to turn and look at Levi.

"Hey, I seen you looking at me a second ago. Did you want to be friends?" He said, not a single stutter in his words.

Levi panicked inside, his eyes widening without him being able to stop it. He couldn't believe someone actually wanted to be his friend!! It caught him off gaurd for a moment. He shook his head to make the stimulation go away, but he realized that he had just told him no! He eagerly began to nod his head at the boy.

"You're cute, I like you." He smiled at the uneasy boy, making Levi feel a certain way that he didn't want to stop feeling... He felt his stress melting away with every word his voice gave to his ears. "My name is Axel, I just transferred here for the last week of classes..."

Levi looked at Axel for a moment, not saying anything. He knew that if he spoke, he would mess up his words. There was only a few seconds of silence until Axel couldn't stand waiting anymore.

"Not ready to talk to me? It's okay." Axel gave the bashful boy an assuring, sweet smile.

Not even 5 seconds later, the bell rang, making Levi jump in fear and cover up his ears with his eyes tightly shut.

"Are you... alright?..." Axel questioned with a sympathetic look on his face. Axel got up from his chair to leave but still faced Levi to talk to him.

Levi nodded and got up, scurrying away as quickly as he could.