14

"I just feel like you don't need me anymore..." Maia said, holding a cardboard box at the door. 

Levi felt his heart sink, was she leaving forever?... Levi said the first thing he could think of.

"B-but I do!!" Levi tried to make his voice louder, but it came out almost like a whisper. He didn't know what to do. Not sure if he should go after her or would that be too weird? 

After a few quiet moments between the two, Maia broke the silence, "Bye Levi, text me sometime."

Levi ran away to his room.

He felt bad for leaving her so suddenly, but he had to get away from that feeling he had standing there. 

Levi laid on his bed, his face planted on a pillow while he managed to get his breathing soothed.

 Yes, Levi hiccupped a few times but he still calmed himself, grabbing his nearest stuffed teddy and hugging it fondly for what seemed to be hours.

He listened to the ruffling outside of the door of Maia moving her things out. 

Eventually, after the muffled sound of a shutting door, the movement stopped and everything was quiet. Levi's insides felt like they were panicking and he had the urge to run after her. 

Instead, he looked for his phone in his backpack desperately, his breaths became rapid and unsteady again. 

Levi found his phone and texted Axel, the only person he wanted to see at that moment.

Levi: Busy? :(

After pressing send, and waiting for a reply for a couple of moments, Levi put down his phone in disappointment and laid back down on the mattress, wrapping himself in his weighted blanket. He felt extra ready for a nap with his teddy in his comfy bed...

-

Hours later (Around 8 pm...)

Levi was awoken by the sound of buzzing on his nightstand. He immediately sat up, waking himself up abruptly to see if Axel texted back. 

On the nightstand sat Levi's lightened phone. After rubbing his eyes to see properly, Levi grabbed it.

"Mm!! Ax!!" Levi squeaked, wiggling around happily before containing himself once more and answering the call from his favorite friend.

"Hey! Levi?" 

"Ax!" Levi exclaimed, blushing that he answered so quickly.

"What are you doing, Bubba?"

Levi loved the sound of Axel's voice next to his ear. He almost forgot to respond.

"Woke up! Jus' woke up!" Levi just felt more and more elated thinking about Axel!

Levi closed his eyes when Axel hummed, to take in the warm feeling it gave him. Then Axel spoke up, "Oh! that's why you aren't answering the door..."

It took Levi a moment to realize that Axel was at his door. 

"Bubba, can you open the door for me?" Axel asked in a soft-spoken tone.

Levi scurried out of his room, to the front door. Levi took a deep breath as he turned the door knob. He opened it to see Axel standing there with a paper bag of what appeared to be take-out.

"There you are!" Axel smiled, pulling his phone away from his ear. Axel ended the call and slipped the phone into his pocket.

"In! In!" Levi opened the door to let Axel inside. He hadn't even noticed that the living room didn't have any more furniture except for his own lonely TV sitting by the wall without Maia's stand holding it... Levi's face changed and he became quiet.

Axel was quick to step in and change the situation, "I bought us some sesame chicken. How about we go get your blankies and pillows so we can make ourselves a fort!"