15

"Levi!" Axel frantically ran through the long grassy field. The two started out playing hide 'n seek, but Levi happened to go too far this time...

Axel called out for the silent boy multiple times as he continued to search. Suddenly he moved a large bush of grass to find Levi around the grass, crouched in front of a patch of bright yellow dandelions. 

Axel didn't say anything yet and just stood behind, watching how amazed Levi looked while admiring the blossoms. He smiled as he bent down to Levi, "Aren't they pretty?" 

Levi jumped but didn't put a mind to it, carrying on to point at a specific flower, "Bee!" 

"Oh!" Axel stood up and stepped back.

"Scared, Axel?" Levi said questioningly, tilting his head. Levi turned back to the bee, "He's cute 'an jus' doin' his bee job!"

"Man, they work so hard... I have been watching him get pollen from each flower!"

"Are they nice?" Axel asked, slowly and hesitantly getting closer to look.

"YUS!" Levi giggled, "Look how cute they are, jus' don't touch dem! Stings!"

The two spent a little more time at the flowers, just watching the bees fly from flower to flower. Eventually, Levi hopped up, "Ouch!"

"What's the matter, Bubba?"  

"Legs hurt." He replied with a sad face.

Axel smiled and leaned down, offering a piggyback ride politely. Levi could never turn that down!

-

Axel unlocked the door to their now-shared apartment and kicked it open, still holding Levi on his back. He was lucky the nature reserve wasn't that far, so he could take a little strain with no problem.

Levi woke up to Axel's soft voice, "Bubba~ We're home, don't you think you should wash up before bedtime?"

"Sleepy!" Levi whined as he was carefully put down. 

Axel remained unbothered by his clinginess, letting Levi cling to him with a hug. The boy nuzzled his head against Axel's neck, taking in the familiar scent of Axel's smooth pleasant cologne. 

"Bubba, you've been playing in the dirt all day." 

Levi took a moment and backed up with a little nod, "I know..."

The two parted ways to do their own night-time routines in their separate bathrooms. It worked out great after Axel moved in since Maia's old room had a small bathroom attached. 

Later, Levi came out to the living room in his softest PJs. He was happy to see Axel sitting on the couch in his soft Jammies too. 

"Bubba! Bee and I have been waiting for you!" 

"Bee?" Levi walked over tiredly and stood in front of Axel who sat on the couch he very thoughtfully kept for the two when he decided to move in with Levi. It was a cozy gray sofa on which the two could comfortably nap snug on. 

On the couch next to Axel was a small Yellow Origami bee! The bee had some black permanent marker makings, and it resembled the honey bees they found earlier!

"Tomorrow I'll show you how to make more so she can have some friends!" Axel opened his arms, inviting Levi to crawl into his lap. Which, he accepted of course. 

The two fell asleep on the couch, forgetting to go to their own beds during the night. That happened often, but it didn't bother them much.