2

Levi sat outside the school building, on an old bench. He kicked his feet, he wished his legs weren't as long as they were, so they would dangle instead of touching the ground..

At that moment he wished alot of things.

I wan sippy...

That was his number one thought though.

It was the end of the day, he could be at home. The only problem is that he didn't want to walk home alone.

"Hey!" Levi turned his head to the sweet voice that said that. It was Axel! He heart began to speed up and he grinned happily, watching him get closer and closer until he sat down next to Levi on the bench. Levi's face grew warm as he took in the scent of his colonge. He felt so pleasant around Axel. He wished he could talk to him.

"School let out an hour ago, why haven't you left yet? Waiting on someone?" Axel asked, giving Levi his full attention when he spoke to him, by looking at him. No texting, no zoning out, no trying to rush the conversation, he just waited patiently for Levi's repsonse.

"No ride..." Levi finally let out after working up the courage to speak. He blushed deeply this time. He was glad he didn't stutter or anything. He wasn't exactly small at that moment though, so he was slightly more confident.

"Oh, I'm guessing you live far?" Axel asked, tilting his head a bit.

Levi shook his head, waiting a few seconds before trying to say he didnt want to walk alone, "Alone.."

"Hm? What do you mean?..."

No response. Levi covered his face with the extra length of his hoodie's sleeves.

It took him a few seconds but he eventually understood and Levi could tell by his tone.

"Ohhh! You don't want to go alone? Walking alone can be scary... Would you like me to go with you?" Axel wondered out loud, watching and loving how Levi's expression changed from uneasy and embarrassed, to happy and giggly. Levi nodded and stood up on his two feet.

What he didn't mean to do was put his hand out for Axel to hold.

"I sorry..." Levi blushed deeply and hid his hand behind his back. He was so embarrassed.

"It's okay Bubba, we can hold hands." Axel gave the boy one of his relieving and understanding smiles. Axel put out his hand and made up an excuse, "Actually, I'd like if we did, It's more safe that way."

Levi slowly placed his hand onto Axel's palm. he couldn't help but to tighten his grip, he felt so... so... so safe.