VAINE

Inazuma has always been such a mysteriously enticing paradise. Being a traveler from Mondstadt, the sight of first hearing and laying eyes upon this locked away nation were quite different. From all the stories you had listened to in the past. Inazuma was said to be nothing but a region of little to no freedom, but of course, these were only words of those who were too scared or stubborn to step foot inside.

You paid no mind to those closed minded individuals and pursued your dream, of eternity. Even if your life would be in the palm of the Shogun.

Even going as far as to sneak onto a ship, the name was familiar to you, but none of the people on board. Well its not like you saw more than 3. Although, someone did catch your eye. A boy wearing a samurais clothing.

'Isn't he a little young?'

I'm sure if i kept staring through the cracks of the crate on board, I'd be caught red-handed trying to sneak my way into Inazuma. Best not get myself into that mess.

But..

Those eyes.

'Those are not the eyes of a boy, was i mistaken?'

Those eyes hold a deep emotion, i can almost feel it seeping into my own body. He has lived through more than i have.

Hes not a boy, my honest mistake.

I decided enough peeping was enough, a long journey awaited. So time in fact would not pass faster if i kept staring at that man.

In the end i ended up falling asleep, unfortunately the restless ocean waves woke me from my sleep. Quite the inconvenience, how will i ever fall asleep now?

My eyes uncontrollably looked through the gap in my crate, to check for any crew members still awake at this ungodly hour.

Emptiness.

Would leaving the crate be a wise decision? I can barely breathe in here. My whole body is sore. A few seconds of fresh air shouldn't be a problem? And if someone does catch me, i can easily pretend to be a crew member.

In the end, my impulses won and i ventured outside the crate. As expected, not much action. But i cannot forget there is still someone near the front of the ship. Maybe more than one person. They need to protect everyone, so there's no rest for them.

I look towards the door of the sleeping arrangements for members. And..

They're staring right at me. Those eyes.

I dive back into my crate full force. I cannot believe we just made eye contact. I. Am. So. Not. Making. It. To. Inazuma.

To my surprise, nothing happened. No yelling. No talking. Hell, not even walking up to my crate.

Was I hallucinating?

Maybe the sleep got to me?

What does it matter, seems im saved. By luck, coincidence or trust.

Falling asleep was extremely unexpected of me, I could see the morning sun shinning from outside the crate.

Looking through the gaps i spotted land. A pier. Noones on board. Its time to run.

I jump out, tripping my way through the ship to get out.

I sense them.

As i look back behind me, i see no other than that samurai.

Looking right at me. Im not hallucinating this time.

Without a second thought i dive into the ocean and swim to Ritou. There's no way in hell im staying there. I would get my head chopped off!