III

Humidity filled the air as a small breeze passed cooling the flesh that rested on Sade's back as she walked hand in hand with Kairo through her favorite street market

Humidity filled the air as a small breeze passed cooling the flesh that rested on Sade's back as she walked hand in hand with Kairo through her favorite street market. The tan wooden basket rested on Kairo's arm while Sade threw the ingredients she needed inside.

"The food is fresher here, plus I love the scenery. See smell" Sade told him answering his question on why she perfers shopping here than a regular grocery store while holding garden asparagus to his nose. Sade eyed him as he closed his dark brown orbs showcasing his long thick and full eyelashes.  She waited with a smile on her face and once she seen him nod in agreement she did a little one-two shuffle as the bottom of her lime green dress blew with the wind.

"The fruits are even sweeter and juicier" Sade added grabbing mangos and pineapples.

"Guess I have to start coming here more often " Kairo replied. Sade felt a spark as the pad of his thumb moved swiftly across her smooth skin wiping a fallen eyelash from under her eye, Kairo felt it too making him quickly bring his hand back to his side.

"Oh so you don't just eat takeout?" Sade joked since every time she asked what he was eating it was never a home cooked meal.

Kairo chuckled showcasing his pearly whites " I'm a busy man. By the time I get home it's too late to cook." He shrugged "It'll be nice to come home to a hot meal though" he slyly added letting his eyes rank over to her's. Sade paused feeling his eyes burning a hole in the side of her face as she felt around for the right avocados to pick. She felt like he was directing his last statement directly at her.

"How about I cook you dinner tonight?" She turned towards him arching her eyebrow in a questioning manner

Kairo grabbed her hand kissing it "I'll like that. But I'm a grown man I need more than french fries and chicken strips"

Sade snatched her hand away pushing him in his chest jokingly "I can cook real food! You'll see"

Kairo laughed grabbing her hand again pulling her into his side so they could make their way to the check out line. "I'm messing with you dolcezza "

"Dolcezza" Sade said letting the word slide of her tongue "It doesn't sound as good when I say it" she pouted "That means what?"

"Sweetness. Don't worry you'll catch on soon" he told her as he watched the dark skinned older lady who wore long red acrylic nails with gold rings on all her fingers place Sade's items in the brown paper bag.

"Good morning Mama B" Sade smiled

"Sade! What a blessing seeing you today, I've been feeling a little down today and your spirit always brightens my day"  Mama B told her grabbing her hand squeezing it

Sade immediately began to worry "What's been going on Mama B?"

Mama B stopped bagging resting her hand on the wooden stand "They say my cancer is back. & it's not looking too good. Kingston can't handle the news I've been keeping that boy out of trouble and this will break him"