XIV

The slight rattling of the doorknob pulled a frozen Sade out her thoughts while still holding the frame that captured her attention minutes ago, she felt as if her feet were glued to the rug as she didn't move quick enough hearing his deep raspy v...

The slight rattling of the doorknob pulled a frozen Sade out her thoughts while still holding the frame that captured her attention minutes ago, she felt as if her feet were glued to the rug as she didn't move quick enough hearing his deep raspy voice flood her ears. "Told you it was going to be quick. You ready to go?" Sade felt like a child who had been caught snooping. She quickly tried to place the photo back that immediately caught Kairo's gaze. Sade couldn't read his body language leaving her to read the room instead

"I was just looking around" Sade tried to explain herself clearing her throat out of nervousness.

Kairo leaned against his office door nodding not upset, knowing he told her to make herself busy "It's cool, just put it back" Sade did as asked but she still wanted to know. She felt his eyes on her before he released a sigh "Ask me"

With a frown she quickly waved him off. She never wanted him to feel force to tell her anything."What? It's okay if-"

"You always bite the inside of her your cheek when you want to ask something but you hesitate. Ask me"

Sade leaned in front of his desk tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear trying her best to find the right wording "Your a father?" She looked up at him, his eyes already piercing hers

Kairo bit his lip "A little girl. She um passed with her mother. Sydney was still pregnant at the time of her-" Kairo stopped not being able to hear himself confirm her death

Sade nodded reaching for his hand "Sorry you had to go through that."

Kairo shoulders slouched as he allowed himself to bask in the hug Sade had engulfed him in "I tried my best to save her, to save them both"

Sades heart ached for him she was finally gaining understanding on why he was so overprotective of her and always with his head on a swivel whenever the two were in public. Kairo had already suffered a major loss and when he met Sade he felt like he could breathe again, feel again. "It's not your fault"

Hearing those words Kairo disbanded from the hug his now teary red eyes unable to hold eye contact with Sade "Its a lot you don't know about me Sade"

"Well it's a good thing I plan on sticking around then huh?" Sade smiled lightly trying her to best to uplift his spirits.

Kairo gave her a faint smile. It all sounded good but from what he knew about Sade and her beliefs he didn't think she would stick beside him when she finally knew the full truth about him, his family and doings. "Yeah I guess so"

Sade enjoyed having him back close as she fiddled with his hand in her lap she squeezed it lightly before speaking " I was pregnant, between my abusive ex and the disconnect I felt during my pregnancy I ended up losing her"

Kairo's heart strings pulled for the woman in front of him, he thought she was to pure and loving to have endured some of the hurtful things that happened in her life. "I'm sorry Mocha"