X

The sky was painted a dark blue with millions of stars dancing from side to side, the slight twinkles had Sade fully indulged as three thirty three am blinked across the digital clock

The sky was painted a dark blue with millions of stars dancing from side to side, the slight twinkles had Sade fully indulged as three thirty three am blinked across the digital clock. Sleep was something that Sade couldn't seem to find as she lied awake tossing and turning, her eyes watching as each minute passed. She sighed heavily in deep thought fluffing her pillow turning on her side, oblivious to the fact that her constant moving had awakened a light sleeping Kairo

"What's wrong?" Sade could hear him ask, his voice low and full with raspiness. Sade was sure if she faced him all she would do is cry and never get a word out.

Kairo pulled her back into him placing a kiss on the back of her neck in hopes of calming her, she shakily grabbed his hand placing it against her heart "You make me feel safe. But I'm scared to let you too close. The last time I let a man in he betrayed me, took a piece of me with him when he left"

Kairo squeezed her letting Sade know he was listening, she never talked about her past so instead of interrupting her with questions like he normally would he let her reveal as much as she wanted. "I met him at the right time it seemed like, my family had just thrown me to the wolves. I was alone drowning in debt, trying to keep my head above water while pursuing my dreams and here comes this guy saying all the right things with all the right connections. I believed him, fell in love. Moved into his home started modeling and he supported me, everything was great I wasn't aware he had problems he hid them very well" Sade let out a chuckle at the fact that he played his facade well.

"We had a beautiful home dark cherry wood floors" Sade continued as tears started to wet up her face "I remember those floors because for the life of god I could never seem to get my blood completely up. I walked over those stains as a reminder of what I allowed him to do to me and I couldn't leave. I wanted to leave but there were days when he showed me the man I had fell for." With the light illumination from the draped curtains Sade turnt over setting her wet eyes on Kairo " I don't want to drag you into any of my issues, I know that you want to help me but I'm not ready to open up that can of worms"

Kairo grabbed her face using his thumbs to rid her tears " "I can protect you Sade-"

"That's not your responsibility. I'm not that girl anymore she died a long time ago and I have no desire to reminisce" Sade stood firmed on her stance "Back at my house seeing that rose just brought up unwanted feelings" Sade added in hopes of that being enough explanation for him

"You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, but you won't heal like this"

Sade closed her eyes knowing she hadn't even begin the healing the process "He scares me" Sade shook her head at her own omission

"Sade-"

"Can we just call it a night? I'm not use to having someone genuinely care about my being as a whole. I'm trying. Just keep showing up."

Kairo glanced at the clock resting on a vintage glass table with gold lining and agreed with Sade's request. He wanted to know more but he didn't want to push her too much. Either way Kairo De Luca was plotting.
-
The sun peaking through the curtains almost awakened a sleeping Kairo causing Kairo to let himself roll over in order to mold his body into a sleeping Sade, instead of feeling her warmth the sheets were cold making him peak out his eye only to confirm indeed Sade wasn't beside him. Giving himself time to fully get up he handled his morning routine before following the music that came from the inside pool he had built in his home. Sade occupied herself with a glass of wine and fresh fruit as she went through one of Kairos photo albums that had hundreds of photos of him from a baby and up.